IceNetwork Query | Page 2 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Query

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How do you set it up? I have no Chromecast, but I can have it if I want to. I mean do you run IN on a computer and then use Chromecast to somehow connect to TV? How do you exactly do it?

So the Chromecast is like a little dongle that you buy, which you then plug into a HDMI port on your TV. You have to tell Chrome on your laptop to turn on the Chromecast extension. It runs over your wi-fi, so the Chromecast is connected to that, and then when you tell Chrome to cast something, it throws that tab over the wi-fi to the Chromecast which then displays it on your TV. /terrible descriptions

Basically, it's like transferring your picture via a HDMI cable, except it only sends one tab.

The excellent part is that I can be throwing IN to the TV, and be working in another tab at the same time without disrupting the video. So, my play-by-play/competition comments just got stepped up a notch :laugh:

Manitou

Medalist
So the Chromecast is like a little dongle that you buy, which you then plug into a HDMI port on your TV. You have to tell Chrome on your laptop to turn on the Chromecast extension. It runs over your wi-fi, so the Chromecast is connected to that, and then when you tell Chrome to cast something, it throws that tab over the wi-fi to the Chromecast which then displays it on your TV. /terrible descriptions

Oh, I see. Never heard of Chromecast extensions on a PC, I will look it up. It makes sense.

/terrible descriptions

No, in fact these were really good descriptions. Explained everything!
Thanks! :)