Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Edmunds to debut 2015-16 season in Anaheim

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vanessa Hudgens is on Broadway? Ummm don't you have to actually have talent to make it to Broadway? :shocked:

Parsifal3363

On the Ice
On the other hand, the enchanting Audrey Hepburn made her Broadway debut in the stage play of “Gigi” and scored a great success in the part.

She had also studied ballet, as Polina is doing, but her talent for the dance was displayed on film in only two pictures, “Funny Face,” opposite Fred Astaire, and “My Fair Lady.”

So perhaps in a sense our willowy young figure skater is following the lead of a willowy young actress from another generation.

At any rate, The Grand Sophy believes that Polina’s program this season will be drawn from the film musical of “Gigi,” and so do I.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gigi on Broadway closed in June, after it failed to win any Tony awards. So clearly not many people wanted to see VH!

The original storyline had Gigi as a courtesan in training, so maybe we will see a more grown up Polina after all.

My other guess would be Titanic, which had an Oscar winning score by the late James Horner and story with a female protagonist. Young Rose was 17, the same age as Polina this season.

Although Mariah Bell just skated to it the past couple of seasons, but that hasn't stopped anybody!

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
She also say about the character's 'different times of life as [she] grows' which doesn't really fit Titanic unless in a more metaphorical way.

I'm thinking four parts of Gigi e.g. Overture; The Parisians; The Night They Invented Champagne and Gigi.

My Fair Lady is also possible in a 'growing' to maturity and changing way, but Gigi fits best for growing from child to adult woman and fits Polina's age best. Also, Gigi says, "My legs are too long!" when still at her 'gangly teen' stage and that fits Polina too! ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker
OK, This is my third and final guess..... " Victor Victoria " It won two Academy Awards and has some excellent musical choices. I think "The Shady Dame From Seville" would make a great FP. Do we know anything yet?

shmay

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure all of you are on the wrong track and that she'll be interpreting the Howard Shore score from Silence of the Lambs...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pretty sure all of you are on the wrong track and that she'll be interpreting the Howard Shore score from Silence of the Lambs...

I've always liked the song that Bufalo Bill listens to when he puts his make up on. Goodbye Horses! Ohh...but poor Precious. :cry:

Serious Off Topic Question: has anyone skated a deranged serial killer type program. Not counting Mack the Knife ;)

mrrice

Record Breaker

This is freaky!! I was just watching a roller coaster clip on Youtube and the song in the background was so cool, I looked it up and it was........ "The Theme from the Exorcist" It's haunting as you might imagine but, it's also very lyrical and because it has no lyrics could be used for any skater or skaters.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a cute video that Polina edited and rapped in for her coach. Just a little offseason humor. Sorry...my bad:slink:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Polina knows how to play the PR game... look, she's got all of us sitting her wondering and guessing, building more and more excitement and intrigue for herself! And now we all can't wait! She's a smart girl... haha

mrrice

Record Breaker
Polina knows how to play the PR game... look, she's got all of us sitting her wondering and guessing, building more and more excitement and intrigue for herself! And now we all can't wait! She's a smart girl... haha

Well, she's certainly set herself up for something. I just hope the payoff will be worth it.

Bruin714

On the Ice
Polina reminds me of Sarah Hughes -- in the shadows of the top American ladies currently, but keep an eye on her!

shine

Record Breaker
I disagree. Polina has much more innate grace and lightness than Sarah Hughes, as well as better jump technique. Also, I never thought of Sarah as a dancer whereas I consider Polina to be one. She's only going to get better as she grows into her mature body and sheds the teenage awkwardness.

Last edited: