The Lion In Winter remake | Golden Skate

The Lion In Winter remake

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Anyone watched this on Showtime? These folks put the D in dysfunctional!!!

Glenn Close and Patrick Stewart are excellent.They did Peter oOtoole and Katherine Hepburn proud. I love the part where one of Eleanors sons says "they may have knives" and she replies "We all have knives,it's 1183 we're barbarians of course we have knives!":D :laugh: :D

Last edited:

Aloft04

On the Ice
I don't understand 'remakes' - are we so bereft of new ideas, exciting books that have yet to be screenplays, imaginative thinking in general that we have to recreate a movie with yet another movie?! I just don't get it....never have.

I'm expecting "Dr. Zhivago" with Valerie Bertinelli and David Hasselhoff anyday now.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Piel, I was hoping someone would write a review.....I don't get Showtime, major bummer. I LOVE the original version with Katherine and Peter and hope they're put this remake on a DVD....42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Aloft04 :

I know what you mean! How can one top Pete O'toole and Katherine Hepburn in "A Lion in Winter"? For that matter a remake of "Alfie" is in the works! I hear Jude Law is going to star -was not Michael Caine the definite Alfie?

There seems to be a lot of remakes lately of the classics. I don't see the point. I wish Hollywood would leave well enough alone and find other material. Usually remakes are like sequals - with maybe one or two expectpions usually pale to the original.

That's just my feeling!!!

:D

Lucy25

Final Flight
I am very bummed that this was on Showtime. I don't get any of the big movie channels.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lucy, Amazon.com has it coming out in July on DVD (I think it's the remake)........42