Quad Combinations: Men | Golden Skate

Quad Combinations: Men

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Elvis Stojko (CAN) landed the first quad in combination (quadruple toe loop-double toe loop combination) at the 1991 Word Championships. He is also the first man to land a quad-triple combination (quadruple toe-triple toe) at the 1996-97 Grand Prix Final.

He is a three-time World champion (1994, 1995, 1997), two-time Olympic silver medalist (1994, 1998), and seven-time Canadian champion (1994, 1996–2000, and 2002).

Elvis Stojko.jpg

Who do you think has the best quad combination and which one?

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I like Chan's 4-3T as well.

Something to mention is that Kevin Reynolds is the first to land 2 quads in the SP ... quad combo + quad.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I think, for currently competing skaters, it must be Chan. The 4-3 he did at the Olympics in the LP was perfect. --And I think also scored +3?

Lately, Nobu has been impressing me with his Quad Combos in Shows!

https://youtu.be/loyVHfCSnI0?t=10m22s 4T-3T at Fantasy on Ice Finale!

http://nonchan1023.tumblr.com/post/124400997733/when-nobu-got-full-of-himself-after-landing-a-4t 4T-3T-2L --he almost did it! :biggrin:

He says still trains almost every day and that he would be depressed if he lost his ability to land a quad.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reviving this thread for discussion as it's been three years since the thread was created :) A lot of quad combos have taken place since then. Who has the best?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Alexandra Trusova's 4T-3T in Kaunas is the only quad combo by a lady, so she's the best of the ladies by default so far! :cheer:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Still Chan's 4t-3t for not only the height but also the ice coverage, pure technique and air position... very few quad combos have that quality

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Alexandra Trusova's 4T-3T. Simply because she is the only female who can be in this very masculine list.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'd like to mention Boyang Jin as a first skater to get ratified 4Lz in combo. And I agree that Patrick Chan's 4T-3T is stunning :)