AI Singles...... | Golden Skate

AI Singles......

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow, Diana's CD single is number one at Amazon.com and Fantasia's CD single, which includes "Summertime" is at number 5. Tamayra's CD is at 12. Not bad..........42 (Toni, I notice that Josh's CD is making it's way up the charts too......)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I noticed that Fantasia and Diana are making the rounds on the talk and enternewsment shows. It seems that these shows give as much exposure to the runner up as to the winner. I wonder how the winner feels about sharing the spotlight?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think that's only happened since Clay... I don't remember Justin getting half of the attention that Clay got last year... and really Diana hasn't gotten any more than Clay--really less!

I know I feel so bad that I haven't pre-ordered his CD... but I'm all for buying locally to help keep the towns $$ from going even further south :(

I think it's sad that Diana is getting more than Fantasia in the terms of pre-order... I honestly don't see this years results the same as last years... looks like the Diana fans have taken a page from the Clay fans :(

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Toni, you should check with your local stores. you can usually pre-order with them as well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kenai doesn't normally do that because it's unlikely that pre-ordering is needed(we're small and our tastes range from really out there to really classical...) besides the only GOOD music store is so poopy when it comes to customer service that I don't like dealing with even asking

though when Clay Aiken stuff comes out it's gone in MINUTES... I've been lucky every time by getting the very last copy... shipments run about every 2 weeks... imagine me being the last one on earth getting a Clay CD... not a good thing ;) :laugh:

I don't think Josh will go that quick... but Country is really popular here in Kenai so I could be wrong! :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Toni, if that's the case, you might want to think about Amazon.com or some other on line seller. I get about 70 percent of my music CD's at Amazon and about 50 per cent of my videos and DVD's.........42

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Show, thank you for this information. I was hoping that they'd put "Summertime" on Fantasia's single.... Guess I'll be making a trek to my local record store after all....:) :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Jonny........hold off on going to the music store......these are pre-sale standings, as Fantasia's single won't be out until the 15th of June and Diana's I think on the 22nd..........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that is so not fair for Josh! :( they should choose a different date for Fantasia's single to come out... people will forget about Josh! :(

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
that is so not fair for Josh! :( they should choose a different date for Fantasia's single to come out... people will forget about Josh! :(

If people want to buy Josh's CD I think they will whether or not anyone else's is released the same day. What's unfair? After all Fantasia won her contest and Josh was in what 4ourth, fifth place last year? IMO it would be more telling for Josh if he outsold Fantasia with them being released the same day. Have faith Josh should do just fine. IMO he and Fantasia have very different target audiences.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree Piel..........Josh's single is doing quite well. It moved up a spot on Billboard's top 20 country singles chart.......42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just want him on TV and it won't happen if Fantasia's CD is making noise... just my take on it...

then again it is only a single... not a debut album... I wish I had cable... he's getting a lot of air time with his music video!

mike79

On the Ice
I don't think Josh would get a lot of face time anyway, just because he sings country. Most country singers don't get the mainstream publicity of popstars unless it's the Dixie Chicks or Shania Twain.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
or Garth Brooks
or Brad Paisley
or Toby Keith

I can keep listing

besides he's from American Idol... yet he's more forgotten than even RJ Helton who recorded a Christian album

lavender

Record Breaker
Don't go by amazon. That thing changes by the hour. Right now or last time I looked Fantasia was #14 and Diana's #16. Besides we will truly know when the singles are actually available to buy.

Last edited:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Tonichelle said:
Show... if it didn't mean not supporting my town... I would.

Good for you! I wish more people cared about shopping locally.
Rave

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm all for supporting local businesses, I do it all the time. But if you can't find what you're looking for locally, then I'd suggest going through the internet..........42

mike79

On the Ice
Toni

I suppose it all depends on where you live. Here in Halifax we don't get much coverage of country music, except for that George Canyon guy from Nashville Star. I'm guessing you probably get more coverage of country music than I do.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
only if you have cable/satelite...

we have 3 country radio stations here in my area and no one is playing Josh... they say it's because he's not on the top 20 list... but he's number 18 on the country charts so what they are waiting for is beyond me :p