Zahorski and Guerreiro hope for international debut this season | Golden Skate

Zahorski and Guerreiro hope for international debut this season

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In order to pursue her dream of skating, British-born ice dancer Tiffany Zahorski has already moved to two different countries and learned two new languages. ... The 20-year-old from London is now skating with Russia’s Jonathan Guerreiro in Moscow under the tutelage of Alexander Zhulin’s coaching team, and is a member of the Russian National team. [More]

Zahorski has applied for Russian citizenship and has the support from the ministry of sports for this. The skater, who always dyes her hair bright red, hopes to find out soon whether she will be granted citizenship. If it is approved, there will be no need for a release from the skating federation in France.

Pika

Final Flight
I'm really glad to hear that the Russian citizenship can help her to overcome this stupid release fight. I'm looking forward to see them at international events :clap:

bramweld

Record Breaker
YES!! Bring it on. I've always liked these two when they skated with other partners :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
I sincerely hope she will get the citizenship, since release in any other way does not seem to be forthcoming.

I do think it is extremely crazy that France will not release her. In some cases I do understand why a country will not release a skater, but this is not one of them.

Mattieu

Medalist
I sincerely hope she will get the citizenship, since release in any other way does not seem to be forthcoming.

I do think it is extremely crazy that France will not release her. In some cases I do understand why a country will not release a skater, but this is not one of them.

Yes, I totally agree, France is being really stupid and making themselves look ridiculous.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
After the shock that was the Spanish couple split, I'm happy to find this news. I wish them well. Finally some release progress! :clap: Moving on to hope for Massot's release...

tulosai

Record Breaker
After the shock that was the Spanish couple split, I'm happy to find this news. I wish them well. Finally some release progress! :clap: Moving on to hope for Massot's release...

If we go by Tiffany's timeline, he only has about another 2 years to wait... no biggie :scowl:

gabriele

On the Ice
Correct me, if I'm wrong.... Wasn't the wait expected to be over around about November anyway? I recall reading that she has applied for Russian citizenship in May with an expected half a year processing/waiting time.
Is this just some PR move that will make a certain candidate for the ISU presidency look better, while the concession made is of little substance?
The citizenship rule will hopefully help Bruno out earlier than two more years.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I hope this is true, it would be great news!
Question: If the skater is released by his original federation the decision can't be taken back, right?

Mattieu

Medalist
I hope this is true, it would be great news!
Question: If the skater is released by his original federation the decision can't be taken back, right?

Not once the new federation has the release letter in their possession, no.
The Russian forums say that they have the release letter from the FFSG