Sasha's fashion layout | Golden Skate

Sasha's fashion layout

Fossi

Final Flight
ew...some of those costumes aren't very pretty. What is with that white one? And those thigh highs? I remember people wore them alot in the 90's, but I never really liked them much. Maybe Sasha is going to wear them next year and try to bring them back in style? Did she design those costumes on her own? If so, I give her credit for what she has worked so hard to accomplish. She has lots of talent in different areas.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love the shot with the pink skirt and the black top.....but two of the pictures looks like she got caught in a car wash.......she is a lovely girl and skater, but I don't like some of the outfits.......(maybe I'm just out of the fashion loop)......... 42

Antilles

Medalist
I really didn't like any of them. Some weren't the most flattering of shots. She's a very pretty girl, but I don't think it comes out in these photos. I'd like to see her walk in those heels. ;)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Um, you're not supposed to walk in them.....;)

I've always liked weird outfits, with the exception of the "car wash" one :laugh: I think they're pretty cool.

I always liked thigh highs.

Laura :)

IDLERACER

Medalist
These pictures aren't new. I believe we did a thread on this several months ago. I'd still like to know what that "through the paper-shredder" costume looks like when she's standing still, though.

soogar

Record Breaker
Idleracer:
Nothing in the off season is truly new. We're just rehashing old stuff until the season starts.

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
To be totally honest, I never liked any of those photos. However, some of her poses were pretty, but not the first one.

gezando

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
I'd still like to know what that "through the paper-shredder" costume looks like when she's standing still, though.

I like to see her change the color of the shredder outfit to green, put on a cheesehat (ala green bay fans), add an oscar meyer baloney, and 2 slices of bread as props. Nothing catches attention like a baloney sandwich with a touch of shredded lettuce.

Last edited:

bronxgirl

Medalist
I still think the picture that clearly outlines her liver is grotesque. I don't care how toned your abs are, this picture is just plain scary looking (IMO).:eek:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I think she looks lovely... in that "high fashion is supposed to be a little unattractive" kind of way. I would kill to be that muscular without looking masculine the way she is.

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Is that her liver? That picture would almost be enough to cure anorexia. She is a gorgeous young lady, but those pictures are awful.

bronxgirl

Medalist
SusanBeth said:
Is that her liver? That picture would almost be enough to cure anorexia. She is a gorgeous young lady, but those pictures are awful.

Yep, that's her liver. :eek:

kasia16

On the Ice
I saw those pictures long ago and I'm really astounded you're writing about them now...
But I haven't changed my opinion: they're terrible! Especially 7th, and 11th. From beautiful young lady she transformed into dressed skeleton...
I don't understand people who want to look like her... Although I love her skating...

Last edited:

Lucy25

Final Flight
I remember when these pictures first came out. I was astounded that so many people seemed to like them, because I thought they were pretty strange, even for high fashion. The only ones I like are the one with her at the bar and the one with her in the pleated skirt. Yes she is very fit, but something about what she is wearing and her poses are just not attractive to me. To get an unbiased opinion, I showed them to my 21 & 18 year old nephews. They both thought they were "pretty gross". Something about those muscles on someone who looks so young. They both especially were grossed out by the one with her in high heels, like a little girl involved in S&M. They both, however, think she is very pretty, but those pictures "did nothing for" them.

euterpe

Medalist
I think the pictures are very unflattering. The poses seem to be intended to be provocative, but in the end are just plain depressing. Why do 'fashion' photographers have an urge to make a pretty young girl look so lurid?

jesslily

Final Flight
I have seen these pictures quite a while ago. They are ok and I like a few of them very much.
I am very happy for Sasha's exposural in the fashion world. Hope she can broaden her career outside of figure skating.

BrokenAnkle

Rinkside
I found them dreary myself, that is nothing against Sasha and everything against the photographer. Maybe he is just a dreary kind of guy.

BA

imanta

Rinkside
I don't think these pictures are meant to be conventionally attractive. IMO, they're supposed to be edgy, dark, different. I really like them if I look at them with that in mind. They're not appealing in the conventional way. She is not portrayed in an "innocent, ballerina/figureskater" way. I'm no fashion expert, but it seems it's supposed to be a sort of "high-fashion" photo shoot.

lavender

Record Breaker
Sasha's a cute girl but some of those pictures scare me. In fact the only one I like is the one with that very high heel and her bent over. The liver scares me more than any of them.