Exercise Videos!!! | Golden Skate

Exercise Videos!!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am trying to make a profound effort to exercise more and for me, exercise videos seem to be the way to go. I've got one on using a "step-up", one on basic aerobics, and two Richard Simmons "sweatin" varieties (he's a hoot). My new one is fantastic. It's basic step-by-step salsa dancing and man, do you get a workout.......I love it! Anyone else? 42

Antilles

Medalist
I've tried exercise videos before, and I get bored with them after a week or two. I have a treadmill now, which I absolutely love. I may take salsa classes with a friend of mine. That should be interesting. I have two left feet and no rhythm to speak of.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Antilles..........I also have a treadmill and use it it spurts. I also have a bike I like to ride, but I get tired of the same types of exercises all the time..........I probably will get bored with the videos after awhile, but for now, I'm learning to Salsa!!!!! 42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42 :

I have three videos called "Walk away the pounds." They are not bad, when I make myself do them! I also picked up a basic aerobics (step) and I have a rather advanced dance dvd (it's too hard!!!) and a basic stretch video.

For awhile I was very diligent about keeping up with my exercise. It beat going out somewhere - but since I was very sick with bronchitis, I have to say "I fell off the wagon." I am now a bona fide "couch potato" again. I have the tapes sitting there and have good intentions to start a routine again - but - oh boy, I have run out of excuses!

I need some motivation!!!!

:eek:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad, my motivation is having to go swimsuit "shopping" in a few weeks..........:cry: 42

Glacierskater

On the Ice
If you have a stepper for step aerobics you may want to try

Dance Step Reebok (with Petra Kolber)

Step Reebok: The Video (Reebok Release) (1992)

These are videos that I have used and love. The second one has some cathy music, and the former has some fun dance steps. These give you a good workout, and you can modify it to be easier or more difficult.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I find that the only way I can really push myself is through a class. I am very lukcy -- we have a gym at work, and most days there is a class at lunch break and at the supposed "end of work" time - 5 pm. We have weight training, step airobicks, basic conditioning, and cardio kickboxing classes. Anyway, back to videos. Personally, I like dance-style ones because I find them less boring. Of course, now I live in a 2nd floor appartment, and can only do weights at home -- I don't think my downstairs neighbors would appreciate me jumping up and down!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I am addicted to exercise videos!!!! I'll list a few of my favs

I have the following, and I use them often:
NYC Ballet workout 1&2
Crunch Fat Burning Pilates, and The Ultimate Yoga
Crunch Cardio Sculpt
Kathy Smith Shaper Ball Workout (too easy for me, but gave me good tips on how to create my own workout)

I have tried but dont own:
Windsor Pilates (I liked it, but it was too expensive to buy)
Carmen Electra's Cardio Striptease (dont laugh!!!! My roomate from college had it, and it was actually kinda fun... and definately very PG rated.)

I would try searching barnes and noble or amazon to find the videos froma genre you like

serenity

On the Ice
I do Denise Austin in the mornings and you never get bored of her. She works on the back, abs, legs, weights etc . Best of all it is llike my own personal trainer.lol She is on Lifetime so she comes to me house for free. I have a slim tummy now and now waiting for the thighs toget slim. You see results. She also tells you how to live life the right way.(eating , health and body)

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Our local PBS station had a gal on every morning at about 6:00 doing exercises for half an hour. That was about twenty years ago, but it was popular at the time. I used to own Jane Fonda's work-out tape many years ago. She was one of the first celebrities I think, to come out with a video..............42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I love the chairdancing series of exercise videos by Jodi Stolove. Jodi is a dance instructor who after breaking her ankle taught her dance classes while seated and from there developed the chair dancing series. The exercises are no impact so they are perfect for anyone with physical limitations. The routines can be modified to be appropriate for anyone. There are aerobic, weight training and toning, as well as yoga videos in the series. I was doubtful at first as to how effective this kind of exercise could be and was really happy with the results.

http://www.chairdancing.com/index.htm