Cast the show that won't exist | Golden Skate

Cast the show that won't exist

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
@jk_rowling: To all those begging for Potter-on-Ice: the image of Ice Voldemort performing the triple salchow will haunt my dreams tonight. #sick

x

So, the author may be teasing, but surely the intrepid here can cast the show. ;-)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Wasn't there a thread a lot like this (ie cast an ice show based on a book/movie/musical) a while back?

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Maybe... I don't know, sorry. I just saw the tweet and thought it might make for a fun thread.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Plushenko as Voldemort.

Verner can be Harry and Carolina can be Hermione because they were supposed to end up together, but didn't. The problem is looking for a Ron. Maybe Brezina since they all trained together and his little sister can end up with Verner.

Dick Button can be Dumbledore. Zhulin as Snape. Tarasova as Umbridge!

Mirai can be Moaning Myrtle. Joshua can be Neville who was cute as a teenager and then puberty happened and he's now super attractive and has self confidence. Arutunian can be Hagrid because he appears intimidating, but is super nice.

Trankov can be Malfoy. And Jamie Sale can be Cho because everyone hates her for the IJS.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Plushenko as Voldemort.

Verner can be Harry and Carolina can be Hermione because they were supposed to end up together, but didn't. The problem is looking for a Ron. Maybe Brezina since they all trained together and his little sister can end up with Verner.

Mirai can be Moaning Myrtle. Joshua can be Neville who was cute as a teenager and then puberty happened and he's now super attractive and has self confidence. Arutunian can be Hagrid because he appears intimidating, but is super nice.

Trankov can be Malfoy. And Jamie Sale can be Cho because everyone hates her for the IJS.

1. This is perfect.

2. By Brezina's sister, do you mean Eliska? Isn't she, like, ten years younger than Tomas Verner? However, that arrangement with Tomas/Carolina/Michal/Eliska is rather perfect :laugh2:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko as Voldemort.

Plushenko is Voldemort...oh, this is so BORINGLY obvious...:sarcasm: Why Plushenko is Voldemort??? :mad: He isn't an evil.... I'm bored this.. Some figure skating fans would find another enemy...

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Plushenko is Voldemort...oh, this is so BORINGLY obvious...:sarcasm: Why Plushenko is Voldemort??? :mad: He isn't an evil.... I'm bored this.. Some figure skating fans would find another enemy...

I was more interested in eliciting a reaction from Plushenko fans for that comment. :p

In all honestly, I think Ottavio or Didier would be best suited for Voldemort. Cross out Zhulin for Snape. I sub in Plushenko because everyone thought he was the evil dude, but turned out to be the most selfless character in the book. :biggrin:

Julia can be Luna. She's that lovable weirdo that comes of as aloof, but has a heart of gold and inner strength like no other. Morozov can be Marvolo for obvious reasons. Moskvina can be McGonagall-- tough but loving.

OK, I'm having way too much fun with this. :slink:

LRK

Record Breaker
I was more interested in eliciting a reaction from Plushenko fans for that comment. :p

In all honestly, I think Ottavio or Didier would be best suited for Voldemort. Cross out Zhulin for Snape. I sub in Plushenko because everyone thought he was the evil dude, but turned out to be the most selfless character in the book. :biggrin:

Julia can be Luna. She's that lovable weirdo that comes of as aloof, but has a heart of gold and inner strength like no other. Morozov can be Marvolo for obvious reasons. Moskvina can be McGonagall-- tough but loving.

OK, I'm having way too much fun with this. :slink:

That's probably why you are so good at it.;) Also, Plushenko as Snape - I like! My Favourite Skater as my Favourite (movie) Character - Perfect! (Also, I think Harry called him "the bravest man I ever knew", so.... :))

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Tamara Moskvina for Prof. McGonagall

ETA: Ah gravy, didn't see your previous post. But it just goes to show that Moskvina is the obvious choice for McGonagall. :)

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
If it’s not just a program, but a whole show, then personally I can’t really visualize adult men and women as the trio. Also, the cast’s relative ages have to look believable. Plus, one can’t cast anyone who can’t skate anymore. And, of course, one has to take into account individual skaters’ artistic abilities. Taking all of this into consideration, my dream cast for a Harry Potter show on ice would be:

Alastor Moody – Maxim Staviski. I think he could do the strong and silent type very well. : )

Albus Dumbledore – Brian Boitano. I believe he could pull this off, even without a wig and fake beard.

Bellatrix Lestrange – Maria Butyrskaya. I know Bellatrix is a brunette in the books, but I think the hair color is not as important as the ability to project convincingly an intensity bordering on madness.

Bill Weasley – Alexey Rogonov. He has plenty of charm, but somehow one can sense the integrity in him even when he plays the devil. : )

Cedric Diggory – Ruslan Zhiganshin. I think he has enough of poetic expression and of good humor to portray a noble young man realistically.

Cho Chang – Li Zijun. She’s so lovely, it’s easy to believe that both Hogwarts champions could be smitten with her!

Dolores Umbridge – Albena Denkova. I think she has the artistic gift to portray this soft-spoken meanie convincingly.

Firenze – Gwendal Peizerat. No, it’s not about the mane. I believe he could play convincingly an iconoclast from another race of beings.

Fleur Delacour – Anna Pogorilaya. I believe after a mermaid and a fire-bird, a part-veela would be no stretch for Anna. I think she could do the head-turning attractive, mysteriously aloof, a bit vain, but brave, loving and righteous girl very well.

Gilderoy Lockhart – Javier Fernandez. I know Lockhart is a blond in the books, but I think this is less important than being very handsome and charming in general and having enough comedic talent to pull a part like this off convincingly.

Ginny Weasley – Serafima Sakhanovich. She looks inspired one moment and cheeky the next. I think she’s a perfect fit for the hero’s life partner.

Harry Potter – Shoma Uno. I think he can project innocence, and be dead serious and determined when necessary, and look just like a regular kid in other scenes.

Hermione Granger – Yulia Lipnitskaya. I think this hardly even needs a comment : ).

Horace Slughorn – Aleksandr Zhulin. He has a great artistic talent, and I’m sure he could portray Slughorn in a convincing, but subtle rather than a caricature way.

Luna Lovegood – Elena Radionova. I'm confident she has the requisite artistic talent to pull this off very believingly.

Minerva McGonagall – Eteri Tutberidze. I think she was born for this part, as she’s both strict and compassionate.

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley – Lloyd Eisler and Isabelle Brasseur. Yes, the beautiful Isabelle looks nothing like the plain Mrs. Dursley, but I do believe they have the artistic gifts to portray the hippy couple very convincingly.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley – Andrey Bukin and Natalia Bestemianova. I think they’d be great as the Weasleys.

Quirinus Quirrell – Laurent Tobel. I think he could do the two-faced professor very well – I mean, both Quirrell’s public stuttering image and his real persona that he shows to Harry in the end.

Remus Lupin – Konstantin Menshov. Artistically, this should be right up his alley.

Rita Skeeter – Shae-Lynn Bourne. I think she could pull off a very convincing Rita!

Ron Weasley – Aleksandr Petrov. I think he’d make a perfect Ron: charming and funny, but loyal.

Rubeus Hagrid – Vladimir Besedin. He looks like a half-giant among figure skaters, and he’s a good actor.

Severus Snape – Evgeni Plushenko. I think he could make a very convincing Snape.

Sirius Black – John Kerr. He has both the necessary artistic range and the requisite good looks and charisma.

Tom Riddle in school – Adian Pitkeev. I have faith in Adian that he could pull off a character like that: charming, aloof, with a dangerous mind of his own.

Tonks – Ashley Wagner. No, it’s not about the hair dye. It’s about her zest for life, her ability for artistic metamorphosis and her liking of pop music.

Viktor Krum – Maksim Miroshkin. I think he could easily project integrity and strength.

Voldemort – Roman Kostomarov. I believe he could pull this off.

Only for Neville Longbottom I can’t come up with anyone. When Maksim Kovtun was a bit younger, I think he would have been a good fit, but now he doesn’t look like a kid anymore.

Oh, and I'm impressed that Rowling knows the names of jumps. So she must watch figure skating at least occasionally!

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha!! I was just about to post Lena as Luna Lovegood! Do you see the nargles too :cool:

Spiral said:
Hermione Granger – Yulia Lipnitskaya. I think this hardly even needs a comment : ).

Casting call is over. The rest of you -- thanks for coming by. :yes:

catchie

On the Ice
Oh, I remember that one of the persons I follow on Tumblr was asked to do this kind of list and I thought it was brilliant:

Patrick Chan as Harry Potter because he HAS a scar :D

Scott Moir as Ron Weasley because he and PChiddy are hilarious together;

Tessa Virtue as Hermione Granger because she is indeed a perfectionist and then of course the chemistry with Scott;

Yuna Kim as Ginny Weasley because of all the Yuna+PChiddy shippers and their personalities are a bit alike;

Yuzuru Hanyu as Voldemort because he MADE the scar for Patrick :D

There were more but I cannot remember right now :(

Patrick, Scott and Tessa would have made a hell of a trio though, no doubt.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Oh, I remember that one of the persons I follow on Tumblr was asked to do this kind of list and I thought it was brilliant:

Patrick Chan as Harry Potter because he HAS a scar :D

Scott Moir as Ron Weasley because he and PChiddy are hilarious together;

Tessa Virtue as Hermione Granger because she is indeed a perfectionist and then of course the chemistry with Scott;

Yuna Kim as Ginny Weasley because of all the Yuna+PChiddy shippers and their personalities are a bit alike;

Yuzuru Hanyu as Voldemort because he MADE the scar for Patrick :D

There were more but I cannot remember right now :(

Patrick, Scott and Tessa would have made a hell of a trio though, no doubt.

Totally. Yuzu hides behind his cute bear but he is actually, the Dark Lord, and quite evil.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I have to go along with nieves choice for Harry:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...pg/344px-Harry+potter-Harry_Potter_HP4_01.jpg

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/i...36dde518ce724_crop_north.jpg?w=512&h=342&q=75

Plushyfan, don't be mad at gravy, OK? Plushenko isn't evil, but he can pull off loads and loads of high drama in any role. :rock:

Plus, just when you think he's dead, he comes back to life to rule the world. :)

Thank's your kindness. :) I lost my sense of humour. Maybe I overreacted it, but I'm bored why many Fs fans think Plushenko is an evil person. He is raising 3 boys, he is loyal, many skaters respect him, his close friends -some of them are very famous persons-are talking about him as a MAN with capital letter..
Why they didn't mentione Yagudin? He is a weaker person as Plushenko and on his Twitter he lied because he wanted to harm to Plushenko in the hardest period of Plush life

Last edited: