US Gymnastics Championships August 13-16 | Golden Skate

US Gymnastics Championships August 13-16

Layback11

Record Breaker
The P&G US Gymnastics Championships (Artistic) begin in four days and I can't wait! (It's very helpful that the gymnastics high season coincides with the skating low season, lol.) Any other gymnastics fans out there who might be watching? W

If so, who do you look forward to seeing, and who do you think will make the world team?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
I actually might look into this, even though I'm a way bigger fan of the Soviet era than modern ones... as for teams guesses, the only one I actually am certain about or know all that much about is Biles. (Last time I watched it was 2013 Worlds...)

Layback11

Record Breaker
Channel and time?

Don't know about channel, but USA Gymnastics is live-streaming all of the events on their YouTube channel. (Just called USA Gymnastics.) Senior ladies started tonight at 7:00 eastern and ended just now. Jr. Men are next at 1 PM eastern tomorrow, with Sr. men at 7 eastern, and it follows that schedule for the next three days until the senior ladies final.

Johar

Medalist
I didn't know that. I am a big fan of Aliya Mustafina, of Russia. That's why it matters to me.

MalAssada

Medalist
Watching the first day of Seniors on Youtube. I keep wondering who will get the chance to de-throne Biles. I mean, it's the third year...

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Johar: So am I! She's my favorite currently competing gymnast! :)

I'm watching it on NBC, and I want to slap duct tape on all of the commentator's mouths.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Threepeat for Simone! :cheer2: Awesome for her! (She was the first to do that since Kim Zmeskal-sp?-from 1990-92.) Also thrilled for my personal favorites Aly Raisman and Maggie Nichols, who will both likely make worlds (Maggie finished 2nd all around and Aly 3rd, with 6 spots on the team. I wish skating had that many :laugh2:...) Great competition & I'm really sad that we now have to wait three months for more gymnastics :cry:

Oh well, the JGP and Challenger Series is coming up soon. That'll fill the void. It's great to be following both a winter and summer sport because when one's not in season, the other will be. :yes:

Last edited: