U.S. Champs Camp 2015 (what's going down); Aug. 22-26 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

U.S. Champs Camp 2015 (what's going down); Aug. 22-26

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe y'all should wait to hear from Josh, his team or USFSA before concluding he's injured?

You're right! Let's focus on how funny it was that Adam photobomb the pic of Ashley, Madison, and Marissa. Lol. I thought it pretty funny....

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe y'all should wait to hear from Josh, his team or USFSA before concluding he's injured?

Do you think he has any idea that people are going bonkers trying to figure out where he is and how he is doing. I don't think he's obligated or anything mind you but I do wonder if he knows how many curious fans out there that would love to know how he is doing :)

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

:agree: Agree. Thx, papagena. :agree:

... Mirai went to a wedding and a Sam Smith concert (along with Alexander Johnson, she posted a photo on Instagram) this past weekend so I wonder whether she's going to attend the last few days - I hope she does. ...

I too hope that Mirai is attending as much of Champs Camp as she can. I think she's smart enough to realize that it's in her interest to do so.

I love Mirai, and I can understand that she did not want to miss the wedding of someone near and dear to her, but I hope that it was not too far away from Colorado Springs.

FWIW, the Sam Smith concert had nothing to do with her absence from the group photo at Champs Camp.
The photo at the concert is at least two weeks old. Alex posted it back then.
(Mirai happened to post it yesterday.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
‏@amyrosewater
@USFigureSkating tells me that @joshDfarris is not at #ChampsCamp15 b/c of concussion and full recovery expected.
2:24 PM - 24 Aug 2015
https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/status/635925714198376448

ETA:

Rosewater tweeted the same news again a few minutes later:
A rep from @USFigureSkating tells me that @joshDfarris is not at #ChampsCamp15 b/c of concussion and full recovery expected.
2:31 PM - 24 Aug 2015
https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/status/635927518709608449

And then Rosewater deleted the first tweet (I think only b/c the original version was a tweet at @USFigureSkating that others would not readily see -- or now that I think about it, maybe b/c she was emphasizing that she managed to get a scoop from one of her USFS sources).

Meanwhile, I neglected to say before: Best wishes to Josh!​

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks Golden! Poor Josh but good that full recovery expected.

I'm a little bemused that it didn't occur to USFS to inform his fans sooner. Hmm - I wonder if someone told them his fans were worried? ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks Golden! Poor Josh but good that full recovery expected.

I'm a little bemused that it didn't occur to USFS to inform his fans sooner. Hmm - I wonder if someone told them his fans were worried? ;)

Yes, it's a relief to know that Josh is expected to fully recover.

Only my theory, but my hunch is that USFS had a premeditated strategy all along to say nothing for as long as possible.

But after seeing that Josh is not at Champs Camp, reporters on the skating beat surely would have been asking for an explanation.
(Even if fans did not care, although of course we do care.)

Respect to Amy Rosewater for being the first reporter to get an answer on the record and to post it.

(I hope Josh knows that we are interested in him not because we want to pry, but because we care about him as a person as well as an athlete.)

ETA, when asked how/when Josh got the concussion, Rosewater replied, "details are not available as of now."

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
‏@amyrosewater
@USFigureSkating tells me that @joshDfarris is not at #ChampsCamp15 b/c of concussion and full recovery expected.
2:24 PM - 24 Aug 2015
https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/status/635925714198376448

ETA:

Rosewater tweeted the same news again a few minutes later:
A rep from @USFigureSkating tells me that @joshDfarris is not at #ChampsCamp15 b/c of concussion and full recovery expected.
2:31 PM - 24 Aug 2015
https://twitter.com/amyrosewater/status/635927518709608449

And then Rosewater deleted the first tweet (I think only b/c the original version was a tweet at @USFigureSkating that others would not readily see -- or now that I think about it, maybe b/c she was emphasizing that she managed to get a scoop from one of her USFS sources).

Meanwhile, I neglected to say before: Best wishes to Josh!​

Damn, this kid can't catch a break. :drama:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Serge Onik worked with all the ice dancers at Champs Camp:

Zach and Jean-Luc tweeted their appreciation :).

Hope Doris or someone else will give us some context as to who Serge Onik is.
I know that lots of ice dancers (and other skaters) have worked with dancers/choreographers from So You Think You Can Dance.
And I see from quickie Googling that Onik is from SYTYCD. Has he worked with skaters before?

Astrid56

Final Flight
Serge Onik worked with all the ice dancers at Champs Camp:

Zach and Jean-Luc tweeted their appreciation :).

Hope Doris or someone else will give us some context as to who Serge Onik is.
I know that lots of ice dancers (and other skaters) have worked with dancers/choreographers from So You Think You Can Dance.
And I see from quickie Googling that Onik is from SYTYCD. Has he worked with skaters before?

He is a very close friend of the Chmerkovskiy brothers _ Maks and Val and Tony Dovolani. Through them and their show 'Sway: A Dance Trilogy', he got to know and work with Meryl Davis.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
He is a very close friend of the Chmerkovskiy brothers _ Maks and Val and Tony Dovolani. Through them and their show 'Sway: A Dance Trilogy', he got to know and work with Meryl Davis.

Thanks for filling me in, Astrid :).