Job Evaluation | Golden Skate

Job Evaluation

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Because I work as an on-call auxiliary, every time I work in a position that is a week or more, I am subject to a job evaluation!

I just had one for the bookstore rush - spring semester. Tomorrow I am slated for another one because I worked for a couple of weeks in the Counselling and Advising Dept.

I hate job evaluations. oh, bother.....

:cry:

Glacierskater

On the Ice
If you know that you do the best that you can do and you do the right thing when performing, then there is nothing to worry about. I am sure that you will do fine.

What is it that you do? I did not understand fully.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad, I sympathize with you......look at it this way, the more you do, the better you get at it.......right? Pretty soon they become second nature. We have evaluations three times per year, more if you're not tenured yet. We get ranked using a number system (hey, sounds sort of like figure skating judging!!)......Hang in there, Lad. 42

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Glacierskater:

I work for a University/College. Most of the time I work in the College bookstore, but because of cutbacks, I am also on the on-call auxilary list for clerical positions in other depts. It's either a feast or a famine - right now it's a famine. I am barely working. I have worked for the College for almost six years - one would think by now I would have landed a full time postion, but no just like in figure skating - there are politics to deal with when it comes to job competitions!

Oh well...

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Lad...look at it as an oppotunity to meet new people on campus and to network. If you get in there and do a good job, people will remember, AND if there is someone not pulling their weight, you just might land yourself a full time position. People pay attention even when you think that they don't, and they remember. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I think that it would be neat to work on a college campus or in a bookstore. And a college campus bookstore just sounds great! If I was not skating every spare moment, I would be whiling the days away reading...

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
No wonder they're having financial difficulties. They waste time and money on evaluating and processing the evaluations of short-term staff! If this is any indication of how the school is being run, no wonder they're in trouble! What a waste. :\ :p

Ladskater

Record Breaker
RealtorGal

No wonder they're having financial difficulties. They waste time and money on evaluating and processing the evaluations of short-term staff! If this is any indication of how the school is being run, no wonder they're in trouble! What a waste

Not exactly. The cutbacks are due to our Government cutting back on education and other major funding. The College is actually thriving and expanding. A new Campus will be built in a couple of years in Cloverdale.

Hopefully, the economy here in BC will pick up by then and with all the new students there will be more positions. Right now, everyone in BC has to "pull in their belts" until our Government gets its priorities straight.

Evaluations are an important part of the process. Even the instructors receive evaluations. I just hate having to go through the process!

Have to have something to complain about.