Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2015 JGP J&T Banka Aug 20 Ladies Short Program

0 Not allowed!
    Vivian gave up 3 points in TES to Polina. I think a 2-3 point gap in PCS is fair considering almost an entire point came from TR alone. Once you factor in CH and other things there is a definite gap. Vivian is so powerful and nails her jumps and spins but she needs to drop the arm thing she does while stroking. I actually like busy arms but hers seemed a bit forced and didn't work with what the rest of her body was doing. To me it just feels disconnected somehow and draws away from the program and takes away from the movement on ice. She just needs a little more program IMHO.

Regardless of the nitpicking...holy crap does Vivian show promise. This was a good JGP SP in that the average talent was pretty close to each other. Always fun to watch.
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 08-20-2015 at 11:08 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by invisiblespiral View Post
    I'm bored. Anyone want me to pull out some random factoids from the protocols?
    Polina (#1) and Emily (#5) were the only two skaters to receive a high mark of 7.75 in TR program components.

0 Not allowed!
    Judge #1 was not impressed!!!! The highest mark they awarded anyone was a 6.0 and that was to Emily for INT. That's like serving cold dinner to your guests in the middle of winter

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinfire View Post
    Polina (#1) and Emily (#5) were the only two skaters to receive a high mark of 7.75 in TR program components.
    Lmao.... I can't comprehend Polina's PCS.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Judge #1 was not impressed!!!! The highest mark they awarded anyone was a 6.0 and that was to Emily for INT. That's like serving cold dinner to your guests in the middle of winter
    Judge #1 not impressed, Judge #8 easily impressed. The difference between their marks throughout most of the comp was ridiculous.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinfire View Post
    Judge #1 not impressed, Judge #8 easily impressed. The difference between their marks throughout most of the comp was ridiculous.
    I like it! In fact instead of eliminating anonymous judging in the Senior GP I'd be 100% in favor of not scrambling so we can see if a judge is consistent. That's all that matters to me. I don't care what they think a Choctaw is worth but I'd like to see their scoring consistently. I have no issues with judge #1's scoring in any case. Just thought it was funny.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by StitchMonkey View Post
    Of course we do!
    Okay!

Jumps:

Highest scoring combination: Tsurskaya's 3lz+3t with 11.90 points. (2nd place: Le's 3lz+3t with 11.80 points)

Highest scoring 3f: Tsurskaya with 6.73 points. (2nd place: Mihailova with 6.23 points)

Highest scoring 2a: Tie between Tsurskaya and Le, who both got 4.34 points. (2nd place: Mihara with 4.27 points)

Highest jump GOE: Tsurskaya with 1.60 points. (2nd place: Le with 1.50 points).

Number of clean triple-triples: 5. (3 3lz+3ts from the top 3, plus Nitaya and Schott's 3t+3ts, although Schott got a -1 GOE.)

Number of clean 3fs: 4. (e, !, and < count as not clean. Tsurskaya, Mikhailova, Chan (slight negative GOE), and Elizabeta Kropa of Lithuania. (0 GOE)).

Number of ! calls: 7. (Le and Mihara got them on 3fs, Mikhailova and Popov got them on 3lzes, Zhansaya Adykhanova (KAZ) and Louwee Shibata (PHI) got them on 2fs and Nitaya got it on a 1f...)

Number of e calls: 3. (HS and SH got them on 3fs, and Amanda Stan (ROU) got it on a 2f.)

Spins:

Highest scoring combination spin: Chan with 4.50 points. (2nd place: Tsurskaya with 4.36 points)

Highest scoring flying sit spin: Le with 3.71 points. (2nd place: Mihara with 3.64 points)

Highest scoring layback spin: Chan with 4.20 points. (2nd place: Le with 3.84 points)

Highest spin GOE: Chan with 1.50 points. (2nd place: Le with 1.14 points.)

Number of level 4 combination spins: 24.

Number of level 4 flying sit spins: 19.

Number of level 4 layback spins: 17.

All level 4 spin programs: 15.

Steps:

Highest scoring step sequence: Chan with 5.40 points. (2nd place: Tsurskaya with 5.10 points)

Highest step GOE: Chan with 1.50 points. (2nd place: Tsurskaya with 1.20 points)

Number of level 4 sequences: 2. (Chan and Tsurskaya.)

I'll do PCS and more GOE later.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Le's video will be coming.
    I'd say that the production team is doing a more than respectable job. Not perfect, but more than respectable .
    Oh I wasn't complaining, they are doing a great job. Just wanted to warn Cheerknithanson that the video was not there yet.

0 Not allowed!
    I like the Amelie OST and most of the Yunakids. On another note, where exactly did Korea's 2nd ladies slot come from? I thought they only had 1 in every event...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Kazakhstan??
    KAZ only sent one skater though they could have sent two. The USA got that extra spot. However, extra spots for the 1-spot-in-each-event group can come from any of the 2-spots-in-7, 1-spot-in-7, or 1-spot-in-6 countries. That last grouping includes Slovakia (which had 3 spots from hosting), Armenia, and Germany for this event (Finland is the 4th country in that grouping - this is their missed event). Armenia didn't send a skater, so KOR got that spot.

They also got Armenia's spot in Riga, Kazakhstan's in Colorado Springs (since the USA got 3 spots for hosting), and Armenia's spot again in Linz.

0 Not allowed!
    Nice stats, invisible spiral. Don't have much time to do stats these days with Baby P, so glad to see someone else do em!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Nice stats, invisible spiral. Don't have much time to do stats these days with Baby P, so glad to see someone else do em!
    Wait. Baby P? How did I forget that Baby P was a (adorable tiny human) thing?

(Sorry, OT)

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    KAZ only sent one skater though they could have sent two. The USA got that extra spot. However, extra spots for the 1-spot-in-each-event group can come from any of the 2-spots-in-7, 1-spot-in-7, or 1-spot-in-6 countries. That last grouping includes Slovakia (which had 3 spots from hosting), Armenia, and Germany for this event (Finland is the 4th country in that grouping - this is their missed event). Armenia didn't send a skater, so KOR got that spot.

They also got Armenia's spot in Riga, Kazakhstan's in Colorado Springs (since the USA got 3 spots for hosting), and Armenia's spot again in Linz.
    Thank you! I though the slots could only move downwards on the lists...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

I think I'll keep doing this, for it's fun. How's Baby P?
    Last edited by invisiblespiral; 08-20-2015 at 12:28 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Oh I wasn't complaining, they are doing a great job. Just wanted to warn Cheerknithanson that the video was not there yet.
    No worries, TMC. I didn't think you were complaining.

I'm glad that Vivian's program now has been uploaded as a separate video.

Meanwhile, I hope CKH and others realize that even before individual programs are uploaded, they already are available for viewing -- as long as one looks for the particular one(s) of interest within the long video of all the programs archived all together as one continuous and growing chunk.
    Last edited by ice coverage; 08-20-2015 at 01:23 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Wait. Baby P? How did I forget that Baby P was a (adorable tiny human) thing?

(Sorry, OT)

I think I'll keep doing this, for it's fun. How's Baby P?
    No worries, Chem. I have tried not to baby hijack here, so it's easy to forget!

Baby P is doing great! She will be 2 months old on Saturday! She actually is sleeping through the night, relatively speaking, so I'm getting sleep.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! I though the slots could only move downwards on the lists...
    Nope! Only Group B (1 spot in each of 7 events) can obtain extra spots, but those spots can come from unused Group A (2 in 7), Group B (1 in 7), or Group C (1 in 6). If you want further info, it's from Pages 3-5 (well, the top of 5) on the JGP Announcement.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast