Quote of the Day - June | Golden Skate

Quote of the Day - June

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 1st

June is bustin' out all over......
Oscar Hammerstein II

4dk - who today searched for hours on the net for the lyrics of the above song from Carousel! But I think everyone gets the idea.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Most of the time when my hubby would see some woman with a very low neckline, he would comment "June is busting out all over". :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
June 1st

"You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth." - Evan Esar

(DJ.....I moved your quote over to a new June thread....hope that's okay)......42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
4dog, are we on top of things or what...we both started June threads at the same time..........I'll delete mine......:) 42

4dogknight

Final Flight
Show, I guess this proves that great minds often run on the same track.

Or as a friend would say, great minds run on the same track, often at each other. For some reason this friend would think this a roaring laugh.

4dk - who has not forgotten your question and will try to answer within the week.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
June 2nd

When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it.
Clarence Darrow (1857 - 1938)

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 3rd

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-- Abraham Lincoln

4dk

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
June 4th

The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you're not in shape for it, it's too far to walk back.
Franklin P. Jones

Pookie

Final Flight
June 5th

The world is filled with willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them."
-- Robert Lee Frost (1874-1963), American poet,

4dogknight

Final Flight

4dogknight

Final Flight
Thanks show, I try and sometimes I succeed.

Right now I'm searching for appropriate quotes for 6/14 and 7/14.
In-between I've got some great Dave Barry quotes plus a Groucho and Carlin or two.

4dk

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Ability will never catch up with the demand for it.
Malcolm Forbes (1919 - 1990)

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 8th

It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.
-- Dave Barry

4dk - does any one else remember the "WKRP in Cincinnati" episode with Les and the 'ungodly' tornado?

skatepixie

On the Ice
June 9th

"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - Ronald Reagan

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 10th

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?
-- George Carlin

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 11th

I realise that I'm making gender-based generalizations here, but my feeling is that if God did not want us to make gender-based generalizations, She would not have given us genders.
-- Dave Barry

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 12th

More than an end to war, we want an end to the beginnings of all wars.
-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 12th

The constitution vests the power of declaring war in Congress; therefore no offensive expedition of importance can be undertaken until after they shall have deliberated upon the subject and authorized such a measure.
-- George Washington

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
June 13th

I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work.
-- Leo Gallagher

4dk