Wide Figure Skating Boots | Golden Skate

Wide Figure Skating Boots

purpledream

On the Ice
Hello everyone! All help is appreciated!

Im currently wearing 5.5 C jacksons freestyles, which to be honest hurts so much now after 6-8 months off ice. Ive previously had my right foot bunion punched out (so it looks lumpy) but I think after 6-8 months my feet has changed and the boots dont fit that well anymore :( Hurts soooo much when I skate that I dont anymore (not helping my skills at all!)

I've recently tried out Wifa boots at London, 4C deluxe champ but sadly there seemed a little tight around the ball/midfoot. (although my measurements are about wifa 4, width 23.5 inches )

And due to the lack of range in my country, i might have to resort to online buying and trying of boots - woes -

Does anyone know which brands of boots are wider? I've heard some UK pro shops recommended edea (as they can go up to D/E widths) but just wanted more opinions before i venture into the horrible and scray thought of online buying skates TT-TT

Thanks in advance!

vlaurend

Final Flight
Oh, how awful! Is there a good shoe repair shop nearby where you can have the boot punched out or stretched again? Jackson is known for wide boots and I believe they do make custom boots, so it might be worthwhile to ask them about split-width and other custom options if you need a new pair.

purpledream

On the Ice
@Vlaurend
Sadly the pro shop that I had my boots punched out has closed! And the other left is pretty much the take it or leave it kind, which is saddening. I went there ytd wanting to buy and try boots but got turned away (!!!). So I have given up.

Ive been googing custom boots by jackson but cant find a website for it :( Any advice?

christy

On the Ice
I have a pair of Jacksons in a D width, and I believe GAM are also available in D width - both are known as being wider boots.

Babbette1

On the Ice
Hello everyone! All help is appreciated!

And due to the lack of range in my country, i might have to resort to online buying and trying of boots - woes -

Thanks in advance!

How desperate are you? Do you know a coach who might be able to help? Cause if the boots fit in the heel, there's a way to broaden the forefoot. You will not be able to sell the boots however. Try here: http://icedoesntcare.blogspot.com/2013/08/surgical-intervention-on-figure-skating.html

If the boots are too narrow in the heel as well as the forefoot, this won't help, you'll need a wider boot.

I skated on the boots in the blog post for a while after until I got some full custom Harlicks.

vlaurend

Final Flight
@Vlaurend
Sadly the pro shop that I had my boots punched out has closed! And the other left is pretty much the take it or leave it kind, which is saddening. I went there ytd wanting to buy and try boots but got turned away (!!!). So I have given up.

Ive been googing custom boots by jackson but cant find a website for it :( Any advice?

Hmm. . . I see what you mean about trying to find information on custom Jackson boots. . .
What I was thinking was that if you could find a *good* shoe repair shop (not a skate shop), they might be able to punch them out for you some more.

This may help you figure out how to re-heat mold them without the help of a skate shop. You'll just need to find a friend who has a convection oven (know anyone who bakes?). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhZLOEw7o5Q

Last edited:

Daniskates93

Rinkside
When I skated I always got my Jacksons in EE or EEE width (I don't know how I ended up with such wide feet....) so Jackson definitely has wide options!