Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stephane Lambiel

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Stephane Lambiel

Of all the male skaters this season who competed in the Worlds - I was quite taken with Stephane Lambiel!

I am looking forward to seeing him again in the new season.

Fan of The Incomparable Sonja Henie Glacierskater's Avatar
    I agree! It was nice seeing him out there and doing well.

Custom Title
    Yes, I agree too! I´m looking forward so much to next season to see how he fares as he will now be able to concentrate on skating much more.

Truly a top tier skater and a big ontender for 2006.

Joe

Rinkside
    Actually, I thought he was pretty sloppy. I mean the kid can spin. I was really impressed with that, but his jumps and overall skating don't seem like they are at the level they should be. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think he will be able to keep his head above water come next season. I think that had timothy and takeshi been there, he wouldn't have even made the top 8. JMHO.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    isk8nbessy:

Yes, perhaps this "kid" needs to work on his jump technique, but his overall skating is what captured my attention. His presentation may have been a little "sloppy" as you stated but his raw talent shone through. That's what makes him so exciting to watch. I love watching skaters like Stephane and Jeff Buttle. Figure skating is not all about jumping. There is much more to it. I look forward to seeing more of Stephane and Jeff next season!!

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Stephane is one of my favourite skaters. He's so talented. He's musical, an amazing spinner, a good jumper, and I love the fact that he fills his programmes with so much inbetween movements, moves, turns, footwork, choreography etc. And his footwork sequences are easily among the most difficult.

IMO he should have been 2nd in the LP at Worlds, behind Plushenko. Why? Stephane's jumps were slightly ahead of Joubert overall - both made the mistake on the landing of the 3 in the 4-3, and both did one 3axel, not in combo - yet while Stephane had 1-2 slightly off-balance landings, both landings were clean, and he also did a 3flip-3toe. And Stephane's spins were miles better, his programme and choreography were much more difficult and intricate, and his footwork was harder. I would have had the LP result as Plushenko-Lambiel-Joubert-Lindemann, in that order. JMO.

I hope Stephane can medal at Euros and Worlds next year!

Yes Icenut - It's his musicality. He doesn't telegralph his jumps. He doesn't circle half the arena carefully positioning himself to execute a quad. His quad is the only one that is done to the music. Unfortunately, it's tough to be musical and do a quad.

I can tell a quad coming on before I ever see any of the Men's routines except Stephane. He's incredible.

Joe

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    I see nothing sloppy in his skating except for some jump landings. I've noticed they have not been as solid and smooth as they have been for some reason and he doesn't point his toes as much as I'd like to see. That said, they are not enough to take away from his amazing dancing and everything wonderful in his skating that others have already mentioned!
    Last edited by shine; 06-02-2004 at 07:05 PM.

I agree that Lambiel was quite amazing. Of course, ABC did not show his FS, since they had to show both Weir and Weiss! Whatever.

Medalist
    I think Lambiel has a lot of potential but everytime I watch him it looks like everything he does is just a little sloppy, including his spins and choreography. I'm still hoping that he cleans all that up.

Lots of potential.

Now, to the gossip. Boyfriend of Carolina Kostner.

http://carolina.funpic.de/personal16.htm

Rogue Leader
    They look good together.

I love his skating, and I think he ws robbed at Worlds. I hope he kicks butt next year!

Sal-Kowabunga!
    Realtorgal,

Wouldn't they make some couple. Think of the possible kids!

Tripping on the Podium
    I don't think he should have been second in the LP at worlds, too sloppy. I always get the impression he doesn't quite know how many steps/crossovers there are going to be before an element before he gets there, and he waits so long between the combination jumps that they are barely combinations. I was not surprised that Lindemann got third on the night, because the guy looked like he knew what he was doing, not like he was making it up as he went along. I don't think sloppy difficult steps should necessiroly get the edge over strong clean simpler ones either.
    Having said that, great spins, world class potential.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast