04-05 Music Selections? | Golden Skate

04-05 Music Selections?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Any announcements? I think some of the US Pairs Teams have made announcements... anyone else?

Antilles

Medalist
Aren't the Kerrs using N Sync? I don't know if I've heard of anything else. I'm waiting to see how many people choose the newer sountracks from this past year. (Pirates of the Caribbean, Troy).

ATW27

On the Ice
Actualy, USFSA has been updating several of the Athlete profiles (under the "Athletes" section), with information for next season over the last few days; most of the updates have been for skaters assigned to Team B, C, or the Reserves. So far, the only Team A Athlete they've updated is Amber (who will be using Bolero for her Free next season. As is Yebin Mok, but for her short). USFSA is kind enough to list who's profile they've updated recently on the Athlete main page, but it doesn't cover all the profiles they've worked on the last week or so.

Andy W.

skatepixie

On the Ice
A lot of Team A skaters might not be quite sure yet. After all...it hasnt been that long sence the tour and many of them may have wanted to unwind so -to-speak after touring while looking at diffrent music.

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I just saw on Carolina Kostner's site that Kurt Browning did her choreography. She is using Prokofiev for her LP and music by Hoppe for her SP. There were no other details. Here's her website: http://carolina.funpic.de/index2.htm

On the USFSA site, AP's information was updated. She will use her Spartacus SP again and will skate to Tango music for the LP.

Also from the USFSA site: Jennifer Don and Jonathan Hunt plan to skate to an instrumental version of Stairway to Heaven for the SP and Prokofiev's Cinderella for the LP. It looks like Oleg Ovsianikov is their choreographer.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, Toni. A Night on Bald Mountain sounds like a fun choice for Felicia Beck.

But the most intriguing listing was "A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" by Horner for Alexandra Patterson. Does anyone know anything about this music? Where does Alexandra Patterson Skate? Is she a young skater moving up from juniors?

Mathman

mpal2

Final Flight
Mathman said:
But the most intriguing listing was "A Kaleidoscope of Mathematics" by Horner for Alexandra Patterson. Does anyone know anything about this music? Where does Alexandra Patterson Skate? Is she a young skater moving up from juniors?

This is from the soundtrack to "A Beautiful Mind"

There are some beautiful pieces in that soundtrack but I can't specifically remember which one the Kaleidoscope is.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Mathman,

If I'm not mistaken, Alexandra Patterson is a senior's competitor. I saw the ladies FS at the 2004 Nationals and she skated. She is very tall. She is also a pairs skater and I think that is where she really excells.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Alexandra Patterson placed 11th in her senior ladies' debut at 2004 US Nationals (she was 4th in junior in 2003). Jennifer Don is the one that skates singles (8th at 2004 Nationals) and pairs (4th, with Jonathon Hunt).

Edited to add: Mathman, Alex Patterson represents the St. Clair Shores FSC in Michigan and will very likely compete at Skate Detroit in July (she usually does).

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everybody, especially the head's up from Sylvia. I'll be sure to be there.:)

Mathman