anyone else feel a big letdown when AI ended? | Golden Skate

anyone else feel a big letdown when AI ended?

Bijoux

Match Penalty
I didn't the last two years. Totally loved Kelly and Tamyra. Last year favored Clay over Ruben. This year was happy with winner but not the earlier oustings of LaToya/Jennifer.

I guess it's my life, or lack there of but I was sad the minute it ended. The first year, wasn't there a followup special with the crew in Vegas? Wish thay'd do that again to see more polished and refined ensemble.

Gee, I even miss the judges!:(

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Bijoux, I know what you mean. Also, Sex In The City and Soul Food two of my favorites have shown thei last episodes... both series ended. Six feet Under starts it's new season the end of June, so that's SOMETHING to look forward to. Here's hoping we get some new series to watch over the summer.

Piel

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
there was a big letdown for me after LaToya... no one to vote for after that

they did the Vegas thing at the start of the AI tour... last year they showed, around Christmas time, AI 2's tour(Diva Clay and his tantrum in Chicago, too funny!)... I don't doubt they'll have a special for AI 3 somewhere down the road.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Actually, no. I was glad when it was over simply because it was taking up too much of my time (my fault) :) . I felt a greater "let-down" feeling after Star Search ended and I couldn't hear the three amazingly talented finalists sing anymore.........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Never watched any of the AI programs - so no.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I didn't even wait for the final results show. I got on line and looked here for the spoiler and went to bed early. My Spawn says I missed a great show, but I didn't have a problem with that. So I suppose the answer to your question would be no.
Rave

CB1AB2

Medalist
AI 4 will be here before you know it==as for me I'll see them in Aug when they come to Mass. My friend and I are taking her 2 daughters to see the show. (we're using them as an excuse=it's really us who want to go) but we aren't telling the hubbies that

cb

I taped it starting with Movie Night. Glad I did. There are some great performances. So if I get an AI yen, I just pop in the tape.

BTW, you sure notice a lot more about the AIers after it's all over. Rgal pointed this out to me but watching it again on tape made it really obvious. As soon as Jasmine was the only contestant from Hawaii, her voice went flat. Rgal said it's stress, that it often affects your vocal chords.

So I've got my AI fix.
Rgirl

sk8ing_lady2001

Final Flight
I don't feel a letdown after AI, because there are always MP3s to listen to and videos to watch. Plus I burn the MP3s onto CDs. Thank God for that! :D

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I did -- especially since Survivor had just gone off, Apprentice had been over for weeks, and it's still one month to Amazing Race! REALITY TV WITHDRAWAL!! Help!!

(Tho part of me just wanted it over long about week 8 so Fantasia could just get in that studio and start recording that CD already!!:laugh: )

I'm a bit let down by the "end" of a combination of shows---
Fear Factor, AI 3, Survivor All Stars and Real World/Road Rules Challenge--the Inferno, are all done for this year....I thought I heard a Big Brother was supposed to start sometime this summer, I hope so.....would be great to see another installment of "The Mole"....and not a cheesy celebrity one.
Thank goodness I still have the Philadelphia Phillies to watch!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
.....would be great to see another installment of "The Mole"....and not a cheesy celebrity one.

I LOVE 'THE MOLE"!! -- but I've given up hope that they'll ever do a regular one again!! I don't like the celebrity one, either, tho I did like Kathy Griffin in the first one and I liked the "match the painting done by really bad description to the one it's supposed to look like" challenge in the 2nd one.

Kasey

Medalist
I always feel the letdown after Survivor ends. Not so much with AI, for some reason. And I'm looking forward to the new "King of the Jungle" on Animal Planet, just to see some new Jeff Corwin! :)

Kasey