Random Ramble!!! | Golden Skate

Random Ramble!!!

novaspacedout

Match Penalty
..................or is Euro-pop just a genre of music that is just NOT popular in the United States like Punk, R+B, Rap, Rock bands with constipated sounding male singers, and cookie cutter pop princess songs like "Oops... I did it again", "Genie in a bottle" and "Irrestable" (though I personally like the mass produced generic bubble-gum pop. Some of Britney Spear's songs are Euro-pop oriented such as "Stronger" and "Cinderella". All of these come from these Swedes like Max Martin etc. Do they know about something called poetry, creativity, variedness. Thanks to people like John Mayer, Jewel, T.a.t.u. , the White Stripes, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Pink, Avril Lavigne, Heather Nova, Shakira, Norah Jones, Evanscence, Laura Pausini, Alanis Morissette, and Enya (all of which I love) are creative and cool people!

Now wasn't I talking about EURO-POP? Aye. I beleive I was and I think I will get back ON topic! I bet all you have heard "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, "Blue (da ba dee) bY Eiffel 65, and and "Dancing Queen" by ABBA (who led the pack back in 70's; i wasn't around back then)! Now we have T.a.t.u. of Russia, Sylver, Ian van Dahl, 4-Strings, and Dee Dee of Belgium, Rollergirl, Groove Coverage, Blumchen and No Angels of Germany, SMile.dk, and Me& My from Denmark, Solid Base, Ace of Base, Miss Papaya, and Daze of Sweden, and alot more.:eek:

Well I think that the best band is: T.a.t.u.. Why? Because they are unique, cool, pretty, talented, and Russian. I have their Russian Cd, and English CD. All of their Russian songs are so amazingly good that I cannot put it into words! I mean if you haven't heard "Prostie Dvizhenya" you are mssing out on a cool Russian song.

Here is somethign weird and T.a.t.u. related. OK. I am sure most of you read my INTRO. It mentions someone named Nick Morgan. Well he is one of my good freinds (not boyfreind). I did a survey of some people at my school and Nick said he would join T.a.t.u. out oall the bands in the world. Well... my art teacher said "The Ramones". Aren't they dead? I said I would join the German POPSTARS group 'No Angels'. I am really P.O.ed that I missed the DDR (Dance Dance Revoluation) activity after school. I am really bad at it though. I was first introduced to it when my school went on a trip to Ocean City, and went to the boardwalks, and I saw these two girls at this console that they had to follow a pattern to a song (which wa sin Japanese?) SO waited for them to finish and decided to give it ago! I was awful, I was panting, sweating and sore! There were cute guys playing it afterwards! So I watched them. Dillion (my other good friend) and I went into a joke store and bought fake eearings. I sprayed his hair red, and he put the two fake earrings on, and he said that he was "a fake punk"! My crush Eric Sobel (The Plushenko lookalike) is afraid of me becuas eI sent him love letters, and a red rose. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I do love him. This poor guy is already shy, and then here I come professing my love to him! He is 6', Jewish, Russia, and PLUSHY lookalike! I stare at him during Physics and he looks away. I am sad that I am being rejected by this guy! Well he wasn't my first crush... I had a crush on my sister's best freind's brother Richie! He wa sooo cool, and his personality is alot like Nick's. Well I'll go away for now!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
In my opinion T.a.t.u. is all hype and no music...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IMHO Pop music from anywhere is mostly all hype and no music

there are always exceptions... but the new generation just flat sucks :laugh:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Yeah, Kara Bear....those are the lesbian posers, lol. Funny, I was thinking today of writing a rant about Avril Levigne. Initially, I was sort of impressed by her when she first came out. Then, I saw several of her live performances and guess what...she can't sing! I was so disappointed. Hopefully I just happened to catch her on several of her bad nights. She spends so much time harping about how she is the real deal. She also spends excessive amounts of time attacking Hillary Duff and Christina Aguilera...sorry, but Avril's brand of pop isn't too far off from what those two girls are doing either. I don't have much respect for people that spend excessive amounts of time pointing fingers at others....usually the finger pointers are the ones most guilty of what they are accusing others of and they are trying to divert attention. So, if she'd just enjoy the ride quietly and develop her song writing ability I think that might work out for her better in the long run. LOL...sorry. I had to vent that. I keep reading quotes from Avril and so many are negative remarks trashing other singers (namely the pop princesses I mentioned). Get over it! So what...they are pretty and studio puppets...at least they are having a good time and not obsessing about what everyone else is doing! I really respect Nora Jones for that. She has her own style and does her own thing (and she sounds even better live!). I hope she can stay that way.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've never been impressed with Avril the live singer(don't really like her music)... I think she's one of those decent voiced singers that just sounds better when cleaned up on an album

Kateri

On the Ice
I tell you what - I'd join the Ramones over any of the above "popstars"!

EVEN WITH two of them being dead!!!

kateri (r.i.p. joey and dee dee...)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
OMG! I can't believe it! Tonichelle and I actually agreeing :eek:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
OMG! I can't believe it! Tonichelle and I actually agreeing
:laugh: Ah, the trickery of Le Cafe. The other day I found myself almost falling off my seat when I read something that I agreed with from a poster I never, ever, ever agree with. Then I remembered that the subject had nothing to do with skating. :laugh:

Novaspacedout, allow me to shake your hand--at least in cyberspace. Another rambling poster! Be still my long-winded, digressive, no-post-can-ever-be-too-long heart!

Needless to say, I LOVE your post. T.A.T.U., huh? I'll have to check them out. Even though "Barbie Girl" was on one of those VH-1 "100 Worst (Insert Adjective) Songs" lists, I loved it. If you ever made your Barbies go for a drive in the Barbie car naked, how could you not love, "I'm a Barbie girl/In a Barbie world// It's so fantastic/It's all in plastic."

Yes, I think Euro-Pop is a genre that the US simply won't acknowledge. Once David Hasselhoff made it big in Germany, I think US pop music fans turned up their noses at anything Euro, as in, "Gawd! Like those people can't even hear. At least OUR pop singers can sing." Yeah, right. Ever hear that duet between Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown, "We've Got Something in Common? Yeah, court dates.

Yes, sadly The Ramones are dead. They were the real deal. By the time the brothers started speaking to each other again, Joey got cancer and died. And they never got all the big gigs and money that bands like Talking Heads and Blondie got, even though The Ramones paved the way for those groups at CBGB's. But then the rich bands often end up hating each other or suffering from terminal ennui. Witness ABBA, Talking Heads, Blondie from "Parallel Lines" until a couple of years ago.

Wow, Novaspacedout, if I'd known you had "R" tendencies, I would have introduced myself in your "I'm New Here" thread.

I'll go write a 50,000-word post welcoming you to GS on that thread right now!
Rgirl

BronzeisGolden: So Avril Lavigne can't sing? Gee, what a surprise:laugh: But she LOOKS right, at least right now, and she made b***** remarks about Brittney Spears and imitated Brittney in a b***** way on TV. That should be good for selling another million records.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
RGirl,

You're probably right, I'm sure most of Avril's "angst" and her rebellious nature are cleverly shaped by her record label in order to sell more records. But, if I have to hear cheesy pop 24/7, I'd at least like to know they can really sing....otherwise, put me on "The Swan", throw me in a recording studio with a karaoke bar type atmosphere (including a gallon of Bacardi and swooning mullet heads) and I'll be the next teen (+6) queen!

Lotta

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:

there are always exceptions... but the new generation just flat sucks :laugh:

I love Toni. Pop music is just picking the prettiest suckaz and putting their crap to music which don't sound good at all.

A good example? HILARY DUFF. I feel like puking everytime I hear her. She can't sing, she can't act. The only reason she's singing is cuz she's cute. I heard she uses some sort of computer and says words there and the computer makes her voice "sing" and they put it in the album. The hell man?

The only teenage singer I really admire is Stacie Orrico....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Hillary isn't the worst actress out there... but I have also heard that her voice is computerized to make it more appealing

RGirl... I never drove Barbie around I drove over her. I might have been born female... but I am a tom boy's tom boy... I've always hated pink and Barbie makes me puke... talk about sending girls the wrong message.

BronzeisGolden said:
....But, if I have to hear cheesy pop 24/7, I'd at least like to know they can really sing....otherwise, put me on "The Swan", throw me in a recording studio with a karaoke bar type atmosphere (including a gallon of Bacardi and swooning mullet heads) and I'll be the next teen (+6) queen!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And I'll be your back-up dancer, lol.
Rgirl