2015-16 State of U.S. Ladies skating | Page 77 | Golden Skate

2015-16 State of U.S. Ladies skating

R.D.

Record Breaker
Usually it's 3rd-4th week of March. 2011 was the exception due to the Japan earthquake. For some reason it's a bit later than usual this year :scratch2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I am making edits and have found that the state of the US ladies is vastly improved by putting Shostakovich waltzes over their programs. :biggrin:

Amei

Record Breaker
Usually it's 3rd-4th week of March. 2011 was the exception due to the Japan earthquake. For some reason it's a bit later than usual this year :scratch2:

Good Friday and Easter are next weekend, perhaps they did not want Worlds to fall on the same weekend?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Good Friday and Easter are next weekend, perhaps they did not want Worlds to fall on the same weekend?

I'm sure that's exactly the reason it's not next week. In my district, we are not allowed to schedule any activities on religious holidays as some parents will not allow their children to compete.

brightphoton

Medalist
Well, there was also that hearsay (?) report that she did no jumps during a test skate run through last week and still appeared to be affected, so - a) she recovered quickly in the past few days b) Team Wagner is putting on a brave face while they're struggling/melting down inside c) the "hearsay report" is wrong and she's rolling and ready to go.

Again: I'll believe it when I see it.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

This World's was supposed to be one of Ashley's best chances to win a medal

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :drama: :drama: it's so hard being an Ashley fan

Krislite

Medalist
OK, somebody fess up!! Who made the sacrificial offerings to the skating gods for today's SP results? :laugh:

It must have been quite a prayer, as we have both Ashley and Gracie in World Title contention now.

stella luna

Final Flight
OK, somebody fess up!! Who made the sacrificial offerings to the skating gods for today's SP results? :laugh:

It must have been quite a prayer, as we have both Ashley and Gracie in World Title contention now.

Maybe it was my drunken prayers. :laugh:

I am proud of how all the U.S. ladies skated in the SP. :yahoo:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
This is their moment:) Gracie will be a deserving winner in my eyes.

Hopefully she (or Ashley) can pull it off, but a lot can change in the LP. At this time last year we were talking about how Polina had arrived and Ashley and Gracie were done, then the LP happened. I'm interested to see how Gracie does with her lead, and if Ashley can muster another come-from-behind victory.