CHI Hair Straightening Process | Golden Skate

CHI Hair Straightening Process

Suzy

On the Ice
I'm thinking about having the CHI hair straightening done to my curly, frizzy locks. Has anyone ever had this procedure done and what did you think? Is it really all it's cracked up to be? I know it's a very expensive, long procedure. I've been quoted $250 with $180 touchups every 9-12 months.

Any stories anybody?

serenity

On the Ice
I just seen them do this on Style Network chanel.
On the show Stripped. Shows reruns too. It sounded like it cost alot more then perms and you have to go back every three months for touch ups. Looked like it worked.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Is the process that actress Kathy Griffin had done? If that's it, then my friend who had it done swears by it. She paid a bit more than you were quoted, and I think she had a touch up at six months. But she loves it.

Good luck!

Laura :)

Suzy

On the Ice
It's a Japanese hair straightening procedure, much like a relaxer, but a lot less harsh, it's permanent except for regrowth, and it's supposed to make your hair straight, shiny, healthy looking without any damage.

Well, I just called this salon by me to schedule a consultation because you're supposed to ahve a strand test done and you can ask questions, etc. Well, the bimbo at the salon who answered the phone had me on hold for a long, long time, so I hung up thinking she forgot about me. I called back, and she just started laughing and thought it was funny when I said someone forgot about me. She then said just a minute and sets the phone down for another 2-3 minutes so I hung up again! I am so infuriated. Here I am calling for the most expensive procedure in the salon and I am treated like an idiot. Well, I got back at her. I proceeded to call 3 times and just hang up when I hear her disgusting voice.

I really want this procedure done. I think I'll call back later tonight so she won't be the one answering the phone hopefully. Geez! How Rude.:mad:

I'll let you know what happens next.

Suzy

On the Ice
Well, I made the appointment yesterday to have it done! I will let you know the outcome. I --- AM -- SO -- EXCITED!:love:

Spinner

Rinkside
RealtorGal said:
You're kidding, right? 10% tops.
Not really. If you find someone who does a great job with your hair, treat them well with a nice tip and they'll remember that. Next visit will be just as nice as the last. I get my hair cut at a nice salon by a fantastic stylist. She charges $25 for a man's haircut, but I always give her a $10 tip (yes, that's 40%). 10% would just be too cheapo--could you imagine...$2.50? But like I said, she remembers how well I treat her and each time I go she does a great job.

Suzy

On the Ice
Does anyone know how much a stylist actually earns per haircut/procedure? I heard once that they usually earn 50% and 50% goes toward the salon owner. It that's so, then the stylist makes over $100 for a 2-1/2 hour procedure, whichI think is good money.

I was thinking about leaving $25 tip so it will come out to $250 but someone told me, no, leave at least $30. I am not made of money and I have to work many hours to make that! Maybe I should have been a hairdresser.:rolleye:

On a haircut that costs $35-50, I usually leave $5. Maybe I am cheap, but to be honest, I don't have much hair on my head and usually they are done washing, cutting and styling 30 minutes tops.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I leave, at a minimum, 20% for my stylist, more if she's done an especially awesome job. Because I do this, she *always* has time for me, will squeeze me in at the last minute, that sort of thing. I am not made of money, either (I'm a teacher) and it costs anywhere from $125 to $175 to get my hair done. If you aren't willing to fork over for the tip (and if paying $275 instead of $250 is going to cause you to be short for the month) maybe you shouldn't get it done at this time?

Also, the procedure you're having done takes quite a bit of time, so it isn't as if your stylist is making that $100 for a half hour of work. Also, stylists (like teachers!) have to constantly go to school, at their own expense, to keep certified.

Having said all that, and knowing that my friend loved her hair after having this done (and she paid around $800, pre-tip), I think you'll be happy to give that extra $25 to your stylist. It'll be money well spent.

Laura :)

bronxgirl

Medalist
I've always tried to tip my stylist 20% as well. I get color, shampoo, cut and she has always done a great job. If an "emergency" has come up, she always tries to fit me in (of course, I've also been going to her for 14 years :) ). Anyway, I tend to view this as any other service job, and I think if the job is well done, 20% should be the tip. (JMHO)

Suzy

On the Ice
Well, I had it done. It was $275 with a trim and I left a $50 tip. Looks great! Hope it stays that way.

Suzy

On the Ice
One week follow up of hair straightening that cost me $325 - $250 for straigtening, $25 trim, and $50 tip.

My hair is not as straight as they said it would be. In fact, if I let it air dry, you wouldn't think it was straight. There some wave to it, especially the underlayers which are curly! IF pulled back into bun, frizzes out as if it's curly close to scalp. They told me I wouldn't need a hair dryer to straighten it just to take out some of the dampness. I DO need to use hair dryer to have it stick straight.

On the other hand, it is a lot easier to comb, looks healthier, shinier. It's just not as straight as I was led to believe. I wanted that straight look without the use of a hair dryer and brush and sometimes even a ceramic iron a day or two later when more wave sets in.

Was it worth $350? No. Would I have it done again? Maybe, but not at this salon. That's a lot of money. I would think it should cost maybe twice that of a perm since it takes longer. I'm thinking maybe $150 is more like it.

:rolleye: