Boyang Jin lands Quad lutz + Triple Toe National competition | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin lands Quad lutz + Triple Toe National competition

Warwick360

Medalist
I like it. Heck I love it. The quad I've wanted to see in competition has been a Lutz (rippon just doesn't do it for me; or more like rippon doesn't do the Quad Lutz). And I don't think the strategy is wrong really. The risky jump strategy has been the strategy that lifted him in the JWC last season.

Overall, I think his style (or atleast the timing to movement with music) has improved compared to when he was doing HTTYD soundtrack last season. Still I prefer Yan Han program wise but so exciting to think of the Lutz prospect. :love:

JayW

Final Flight
Holy crap, that kid rotates fast. For a moment I thought it was fast-forward!:shocked::jaw:

But I have some bad feeling in my gut. Can he retain that fast rotation when puberty kicks in?

Warwick360

Medalist
Holy crap, that kid rotates fast. For a moment I thought it was fast-forward!:shocked::jaw:

But I have some bad feeling in my gut. Can he retain that fast rotation when puberty kicks in?

He's already 17. Surely any potential change to come will hardly be highly detrimental now? If so, I'd be more worried about Chen and Uno.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He's already 17. Surely any potential change to come will hardly be highly detrimental now? If so, I'd be more worried about Chen and Uno.

If anything growth spurts have helped Nathan with his speed and power.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
growth spurts tend to wreck girls abilities more than boys... nam is also more powerful since he grew up last year and his growth was impressive.. he is actually a very tall guy now for figure skating...

PS just saw Nathan's LP from JGP... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anything growth spurts have helped Nathan with his speed and power.

Lipea

Final Flight
I saw that video yesterday and wondered why it is not yet in the news section here. Just wow!!!

andyjo24

Medalist
I have to say that Boyang will be a huge, huge threat to Hanyu and Chan at the 2018 games. Hanyu and Chan are not very consistent, and if Boyang happens to deliver at that time... Who knows?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:bow:

Boyang has the slim build for ultra fast rotations like Plushenko, Reynolds, Brezina, and Hanyu. Additionally, skaters with this body type may also be very flexible but may lack stamina. For sure Boyang has made history and will likely make more as a phenomenal jumper, a force to reckon with in competitions with extremely high BV and TES. He has the potential to be one of the greatest if his SS and artistry also improve with maturity. Bravo!

usethis2

Medalist
I spoke too soon.. a sort of a pleasantly surprising way. He adds a 4T in the same program! Holy kangaroo!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I spoke too soon.. a sort of a pleasantly surprising way. He adds a 4T in the same program! Holy kangaroo!

And in the second half too, No steps into it though
Still his TES would be the highest on planet earth in the Short

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
BRAVO! :cheer2:

Next goal is 4Lz-4T. I wonder if this even possible.
I remember Plushenko said it was physically possible to land even 5T (five rotations). :laugh:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I would score that SP as 84-85 points. It's a huge achievement in jumping but everything else is lacking.