3. Ten
4. Fernandez
5. Nguyen
6. Voronov
7. Brown
8. Jin
9. Kovtun
10. Uno

I weirdly don't know where to place Misha Ge... I love his skating but despite his Worlds results I don't see him in the top10 . It seemed kike a fluke because so many guys messed up royally. But then if he remains consistent with upped PCS, I'll kick Kovtun off the list and give the spot to Misha.

And oh how it hurts tha Amodio is nowhere near that list. :cry:
you mean chan or nathan chen?

and yup about amodio... i thought of him, then put Ge instead...

Rissa

Record Breaker
you mean chan or nathan chen?

and yup about amodio... i thought of him, then put Ge instead...

Chan , I meant Patrick Chan :facepalm: Freudian slip perhaps? If Nathan Chen were a senior he might be on that list instead of Uno.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Going on and on about it in even unrelated threads like Boyang Jin's and bringing every discussion down to it isn't just picking on a skater, this is obsessive haterade at its worst.

It depends if you think they are legitimate criticisms. I happen to think they are. As for unrelated threads? Show me which other ones other than US men - which I was 'invited' to comment. Then BoYang thread refers specifically to scoring. Seems you are taking these comments way too personally. Chill out a bit.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Sure... show me a bigger inflated skater, then I will pick on him/her/they instead :p
In any case, hardly trashing him only. He is at least equal to Kovtun @ #5 :rofl: With skating in the US bonus at WC, controversially, I'd peg him for a medal at 4:1 chance. He just have to skate clean (I doubt he will go for a quad either and will likely play safe after so many falls due to these high altitude factor, likely include Hanyu nearing passing out stage at end of his insane tech FS), and then USFSA will give themselves tons of pat on their shoulders for 1)Geography - that has nothing to do with them, 2)US men don't need quad to rule a quad podium, further validation of Lysacek's medal over Plushy Quads God. :drama:

Boston's highest point is about 300 feet. I am going to assume this was just some some misunderstanding on your part. Maybe you thought it was in Colorado Springs (which a lot of skating stuff is and would be an understandable mistake).

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'd be interested to see how ISU judges mark Nathen to some one like Nam. I believe some foreign commentator already refer him as the best US men (Can't remember who, but read it somewhere)

I discounted Nam as some Junior early in the season, but as the season progressed, I was marveled at how much improvement he made, and he physically has really changed in a big way, skating more maturely with better polish by season end too. Remove those braces, get a cooler haircut (ie/Do not share the same barber Brian Orser/Javi = same hair) ... Hanyu may have a legitimate threat very soon!

Boston's highest point is about 300 feet. I am going to assume this was just some some misunderstanding on your part. Maybe you thought it was in Colorado Springs (which a lot of skating stuff is and would be an understandable mistake).

Oops...embarrassingly, I thought it was Colorado!! :bang: Nevertheless the biggest cheer for the whole competition is undoubtedly reserved for home fav J Brown.

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
It depends if you think they are legitimate criticisms. I happen to think they are. As for unrelated threads? Show me which other ones other than US men - which I was 'invited' to comment. Then BoYang thread refers specifically to scoring. Seems you are taking these comments way too personally. Chill out a bit.

I'm sorry but no amount of justifying will make what you are doing "criticism". It's not. It's pure hate at this point and it's very annoying to see it everywhere.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
hehe no worries... i'd put Chen before any other US men.. but yeah... he is still doing Juniors... but perhaps they will send him to the worlds??? if so, he will rank above other US contenders.. his JGP FP was STELLAR just a few days ago... beautiful skater
Chan , I meant Patrick Chan :facepalm: Freudian slip perhaps? If Nathan Chen were a senior he might be on that list instead of Uno.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I'm sorry but no amount of justifying will make what you are doing "criticism". It's not. It's pure hate at this point and it's very annoying to see it everywhere.

Instead of calling me a hater, why don't you focus on defending his inflation instead. Let's see, lost cause. So your only tactic is call me a hater instead. How predictable... when I was one of (if not THE) FIRST reviewer of his FS and gave it an A grade despite less than perfect practice runs! :rolleye:

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
hehe no worries... i'd put Chen before any other US men.. but yeah... he is still doing Juniors... but perhaps they will send him to the worlds??? if so, he will rank above other US contenders.. his JGP FP was STELLAR just a few days ago... beautiful skater

US Championship will be very very interesting! I'd love to see Nathan at senior Worlds, he might be up there with Nam Nguyen in my power rankings if he were more familiar to the judges as senior.

Instead of calling me a hater, why don't you focus on defending his inflation instead. Let's see, lost cause. So your only tactic is call me a hater instead. How predictable... when I was one of (if not THE) FIRST reviewer of his FS and gave it an A grade despite less than perfect practice runs! :rolleye:

Oh Jesus. :hopelessness:

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Ekm

On the Ice
Could we maybe keep this thread about it's original purpose. :hijacked:

I would go:
1. Chan
2. Hanyu
3. Javi
4. Ten
5-10 ?????

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For me, it's hard to do this sort of poll because there is so limited data out there. I'm going to stick to doing the the U.S. men power poll until see more competitions. :blatant attempt to get activity on U.S. Men thread.:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Um...here goes?

DISCLAIMER: Men's is the discipline I watch the least and thus know the least about. So if the order of this is list horribly out of sorts, please don't come at me with a bayonet.

1. Hanyu
2. Chan
3. Fernandez
4. Ten
5. Kovtun
6. Nguyen
7. Brown
8. Voronov
9. Uno
10. Ge

sses1

On the Ice
Hanyu (one word: redemption)
Fernandez
Chan (no 3A, no 4S?)
Ten
Brown (but if he doesn't have a quad, he should be lower)
Nguyen
Kovtun
Han
Uno
Ge

The top 3 are easier to decide compared to the rest.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Adian has a real chance to make some people take notice. I hope he starts to give the Russian men a run for their money because I find him to be one of the most enjoyable and well rounded skaters. Not too flashy in any department but good enough to challenge for podiums none the less.. I'd like to see him and Nam battling it out to crack into that 5-10 area. Both guys seem to have improved based upon what I've seen so far this year and should be considered on equal footing IMO.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I can't see Misha Ge making any podiums at the biggest competitions without a quad. He skated pretty clean all last season, which is great, but the closest he got to a podium was 4th place at Rostelecom. So the people who are putting him in the top 10 are awfully optimistic. I wasn't going to participate, but I guess there's no harm...

1. Hanyu
2. Fernandez
3. Chan
4. Ten
5. Nguyen
6. Voronov
7. Han Yan
8. Uno
9. Pitkeev
10. Mura

runners up: Brezina, Menshov, Brown, Kovtun (but he's lost some training time already due to an injury so I'd be surprised if the stars align for him again like last season)

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh for pete's sake, was this really necessary? It's like any and every topic is an excuse to trash Brown, from Jin's 4Lz to power rankings, what's next, Yuna Kim's Sochi silver? This obsession needs some reins.

:rofl::rofl::agree:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For me, it's hard to do this sort of poll because there is so limited data out there. I'm going to stick to doing the the U.S. men power poll until see more competitions. :blatant attempt to get activity on U.S. Men thread.:

*accepts hint*

Daniel1998

Final Flight
I don't watch TOO much men's, but I'll have a crack at it.
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Patrick Chan
3. Denis Ten
4. Javier Fernandez
5. Nam Nguyen
6. Jason Brown
7. Han Yan
8. Maxim Kovtun
9. Adian Pitkeev
10. Shoma Uno

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think the majority of the weakness of the men is consistency.

1. Yuzuru Hanyu
strength: closing up the PCS-gap between him and Chan; greater BV and GOE-banker
weakness: ambitious layout; seems to be prone to injuries

2. Patrick Chan
strength: renewed confidence; SS to die for; classic and elegant
weakness: tends to be cold interpretation-wise; consistency issues in past records- may be a hurdle during competitions

3. Denis Ten
strength: probably the most complete skater competing
weakness: late bloomer in competitions; needs to get his head straight right away

4. Javier Fernandez
strength: charismatic; high BV
weakness: pressure gets into him (re: GPF 2014); pops a lot and inconsistent with his levels

5. Jason Brown
strength: charismatic; highly consistent
weakness: no quad (yet); has to maximize everything to compete

6. Shoma Uno
strength: peaks at right moments; a budding superstar skater with the SS; great body presence on ice
weakness: jump technique inconsistencies (re: @ helicopter lutz in US Classic) -> needs a jumping coach

7. Nam Nguyen
strength: consistent; developing his PCS skills; high BV
weakness: still slow on ice; sometimes packaging doesn't work

8. Josh Farris
strength: 2nd most complete skater on ice; amazing artistry; the next J. Abbott minus the headcasing (well a little bit)
weakness: prone to injuries and ills- which is the root of his headcasing

9. Han Yan
strenght: 3rd most complete skater; great jumps and SS
weakness: not the best packaging; hot and cold during competitions

10. Misha Ge
strength: becoming more consistent; AKA Drama On Ice (good drama though)
weakness: no quad; lack of fed politics; maybe too dramatic for some

11. Boyang Jin
strength: CRAZY SKY HIGH BV (holy cow that 4Lz)
weakness: everything else needs work!

12. Sergei Voronov
strength: fun skater to watch; charismatic; sentimental favourite
weakness: programs aren't the best (IMO); stiff on ice

Honourable mentions
-Maxim Kovtun
-Florent Amodio
-Adian Pitkeev