Bad Day for Ruben on TV | Golden Skate

Bad Day for Ruben on TV

Yesterday on TV it seemed I couldn't get away from talk about Ruben Studdard.

On "Entertainment Tonight" (I think--one of those shows) they ran a report about how concerned people were about his weight. They showed a clip from a video, which was done about a year ago, and then one from the AI finale. Sadly, Ruben has gained a lot of weight. And he's not unaware of the health risks. According to the report, his older brother, 29, has already had weight-related health problems. Ruben is 26.

Then I'm watching "Dennis Miller" as he's interviewing Maureen Orth, entertainment columnist for VANITY FAIR magazine. They're talking about celebrities come and go so fast these days and Orth says, "I mean, Ruben Studdard (pronouncing it "Stoddard"). Who remembers Ruben Studdard?" Then Dennis Miller quipped that he was the American Idol who looked like he ate the runner-up.

THEN I'm watching "VH-1's 50 Most Awesomely Bad Songs." Gives you an idea of the highbrow entertainment I watch on TV, lol. I fell asleep by about #24, thankfully, but Ruben's "Damn, I'm Sorry" was rated #43 (I think, or #44) on their awesomely bad song list. The commentators were saying things like, "Ruben in a hot tub? Ruben at a strip club? Not buying it, just not buying it," and "Shut-up with the groveling 'I'm sorrys.' We get it! We get it!"

I'm not a fan of Ruben's singing, but he seems like a nice guy with a great family and I thought it was just sad to see the whole AI and fame thing turn on him. I think he was happier with less money just singing in church. Plus touring can be very tough on people who have weight problems.

Just a bad day for Ruben Studdard on the tube (that's STUDDARD, Maureen!).
Rgirl

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wouldn't be surprised

they trashed Clay until Clay whooped Ruben's butt in ratings... now it's "we love Clay... who's Ruben" the media is fickle... and Clay and Ruben are learning that...