• Vahktang Murvanidze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristoffer Berntsson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We all know that Evgeni and Brian are tje top two skaters in Europe, but who, IYO, would you list as THIRD?

Antilles

Medalist
Well, in the early goings, my choice is way out in the lead! ;)

I definitely say Lambiel. Love those spins, and he did a great job at Worlds this year. I hope to see him on the podium soon.

icenut84

Final Flight
I voted Lambiel - he's definitely up there.

You missed off Frederic Dambier, who was 4th at Euros last season behind Klimkin in 3rd.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
This is an interesting question. I want to say that it would be between Lindemann and Lambiel, but that is mostly based on what they did at 2004 Worlds. Who has the the 3rd most consistent GP and European record from the past 2 seasons? I think I'll try to dig up this info and come back.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
The answer is obviously Klimkin as he is the bronze medalist from this past Euros. Proof positive, no need to speculate or give opinion. It's there in black and white.

I'm a little surprised that so many voted for Lambiel. Not surprised because he obviously has so many fans on this board. Surprised because, although I love him to bits, he's so far been potenial potential and more potenial. If anything, he's slipping: 4th in 02, 5th in 03, 6th in 04. I'm sure that most of you must be specualting about next year, or beyond, but who knows what will happen in the future. Are you all Gypsy fortune tellers?

sorry about that, Icenut. I had already put down 9 names and realized Dambier and others could also have been put down, so I put other.

BG = I can go along with Ilia Klimkin easily. But he, too, has his inconsistency problems. He and Stephane both have very wonderful and different styles, imo, and I would like to see either one of them to fight it out for a podium position.

Stefan Lindemann reminds me of Christopher Bowman. He is very upbeat and a bit on the on the smug side. Nothing wrong with that. He handled it well in Dortmund. I'm anxious to see if he can keep it going during the GPs.

Joe

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Klimkin. When he's on, he is wonderful to watch.

Dee

jesslily

Final Flight
I voted Lambiel. He has good jumping technique and great artistry. If he develops the christma, he should be the #1 in Europe, might be #1 in the world too.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
AAAAAIIIIEEEE

I like all these skaters, except Andrei and Kristoffer, and that's because I've never seen them. I'm sure they're fabulous, too.

I picked Kevin Van der Perren because he's got his triple axel back, and obviously, with the CoP he does really well (and that was without the 3A), so I think he'll be amazing this year.

But Stephane is great too. And I love the Murve. And Sergei. And Ilia....

Laura :)

I've heard a lot about The Murve but I've never seen him skate exceptionally well. That was only at Worlds. He may be one of those skaters that freeze up when la hora de verdad is at hand.
However, I'll look forward to seeing him and all skaters next season.

Joe

berthes ghost

Final Flight
He's kinda like Bobeck or Oksana: very charasmatic and a lot of fun to watch, but jump-wise/consistancy he's just a mess.

Ximena

Final Flight
I voted for Ilia, but now that I think about it, this more wishful thinking than anything else, oh but when Ilia get consistent (which I hope he can achieve this season) he will be there, can get to second place if he wants to.

lilphi07

Rinkside
Stephane LAmbiel is one of the best European skaters

His spins and technical abilities are some of the best in the world and the only other skater that can compete with that type of Swiss Spin power is America'a own Johnny Weir... :love:

Maybe Dick Button is right..maybe there is something in the water that make the Swiss spin so well :love:

BittyBug

On the Ice
My vote goes to Klimkin, who I consider one of the most interesting skaters on the scene today. He's original, stylish, and capable of pulling off just about any type of program. :)

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
AAAAAIIIIEEEE
I picked Kevin Van der Perren because he's got his triple axel back, and obviously, with the CoP he does really well (and that was without the 3A), so I think he'll be amazing this year. Laura :)
Kevin VDP has his triple axel back? I didn't know that, where did you heard about it? :)

I wouldn't give the GP that much importance. Joubert had an awful GP season and he won Euros and the silver at Worlds. Sandhu also had a bad GP season and he qualified for the GPF because Joubert, the first option for substitution, refused. And he won it.

I have no idea who the third "big" skater in Europe will be next season and my guess is that there won't be one. For a skater to establish himself as no. x, there needs to be consistency in their results. And Klimkin, Lambiel and Lindemann, the Europeans with best results last season after Plushenko and Joubert, are not exactly known for consistency... Only time will tell if one of them will surpass the others.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
RIskatingfan said:
Kevin VDP has his triple axel back? I didn't know that, where did you heard about it? :)

He landed it in the free skate at Worlds. Not that hateful US television showed it. Grrr.

Piel, don't make me and my high heels come through this computer.... :laugh:

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
Oh, at Worlds I know he landed it, I saw it LOL He really did skate very well in his Worlds LP, he was so emotional in the K&C, I felt so happy for him :) But since you said he "had it back", I thought you meant he was landing it consistently since then.

So I guess this means we will have to wait until next season to see if he really ahs a 3 axel or not, as one time in competition is not enough to determine it.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
PrincessLeppard said:
Piel, don't make me and my high heels come through this computer.... :laugh:

ROFLMAO. Just kidding, I was just checking to make sure everyone was paying attention. OK Laura, I can wipe the diet coke that I just spewed off of the monitor, how am I supposed to get it out of the keyboard?