Compliment another GSer! | Golden Skate

Compliment another GSer!

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I thought this would be a nice touch of positivity to the forum :)

You don't need to compliment the person above you, you can post about anyone on the forum. If you see someone has said something nice about you, thank them if you want & add in your own compliment for someone :biggrin:

I'll start:

ruffledgrouse always makes me laugh in the competition threads with their funny live commenting :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman always keeps it cool, informative and fun. :thumbsup:

There was a point when I first started posting and I suspected that maybe he was assigned to keep a watch on me because I always found myself right in the middle of the heated debates and he always interjected witty humor and knowledge to pull me back from the brink. Thank you :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Mathman always keeps it cool, informative and fun. :thumbsup:

There was a point when I first started posting and I suspected that maybe he was assigned to keep a watch on me because I always found myself right in the middle of the heated debates and he always interjected witty humor and knowledge to pull me back from the brink. Thank you :)

:agree: My compliments to Mathman as well.

And I want to compliment gkelly :bow:, who is so generous in sharing his(?) [are you a he?] deep knowledge.

I admire esp. that even when a question has a hidden or not-so-hidden ;) agenda behind it, gkelly calmly sidesteps the agenda, and gives a no-nonsense and very informative answer.

p.s. Thanks to satine94 for starting the thread.

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
I enjoy Sam_Skwantch's well-meaning snark (like jokingly comparing choreo to one of those dancing advertisement inflatables) and how he always pops in to keep conversations light-hearted and fun when people take stuff too seriously.

I also like Cheerknithanson's undying loyalty to her favorite skaters. Definitely not a bandwagoner, which I appreciate. :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Aw, thanks invisiblespiral!

Got to send love to Dorispulaski her extensive competition threads and for entertaining my husband at a pub in Boston while I was out chasing autographs. :love:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
CaroLiza_fan puts so much work into organizing the ISU Predictions Game :):thumbsup:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I enjoy Sam_Skwantch's well-meaning snark (like jokingly comparing choreo to one of those dancing advertisement inflatables) and how he always pops in to keep conversations light-hearted and fun when people take stuff too seriously.

I also like Cheerknithanson's undying loyalty to her favorite skaters. Definitely not a bandwagoner, which I appreciate. :agree:

Thanks! :D Like I don't jump and be a fan until I see for myself.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks to matmuh who has done such a beautiful job organizing and updating the OP's of a large number of skaters, and to sabinfire for his great HD videos and for help with the skaters' names project, to CaroLiza_fan for great OP's, for the summaries on the British series about young skaters, to Mrs. P for her great statistical pieces, and for help with competition threads, and to Paula/gsk8 for all her great articles.

Layback11

Record Breaker
CaroLiza_fan puts so much work into organizing the ISU Predictions Game :):thumbsup:

So glad you showed up...

I was about to say that satine94 does awesome recaps and is excellent at Love Like Lose over in the games section. :p

Layback11

Record Breaker
And I forgot to say that invisiblespiral is an awesome writer :agree: who I vastly enjoy discussing ideas with. (LOL, I violated a grammar rule in a sentence about writing...how ironic. :laugh:)

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Thanks to gsk8, dorispulanski and Mrs. P for such AMAZING job they're doing for us orginizing this site and forum! :thumbsup:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
You're welcome :eek::

I would like to thank Mao88 for awesome video and results threads:clap:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks Snow63! I'd like to give you a shoutout for leading Team Beaver (aka Bobrova/Soloviev)!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Newbiespectator deserves some love up in here :cheer2: Her artwork is amazing and I loved her reports with her sister from....was that NHK last year?....anyway....thank you Newbie' for keeping it real and being very positive in your posting.

Thanks Layback for the compliment. I've enjoyed all of your threads/posts and the enthusiasm you show for skaters and the sport in general. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
So glad you showed up...

I was about to say that satine94 does awesome recaps and is excellent at Love Like Lose over in the games section. :p

Thank you :eek::

Golden411 always posts so many informative updates for entry lists & skater's posts on social media :yes:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Firstly, thank you for those that mentioned me. I'm all embarrassed now! :eek::

There are so many people I would like to thank. So, I'll start with the management team.

dorispulaski: Our leader. You have always done a great job administrating this forum. But these extra projects that you have initiated over the past few months have really added another dimension to the forum. And for that, we can't thank you enough.

Mrs. P: Supermum! I honestly don't know how you find the time to be a moderator, run Predictions Games, find obscure statistics, have a day job AND now look after a baby! Oh, and be a really nice person as well!

Mathman: So much knowledge stretching back so many years. And has such a witty way of writing! Although we haven't talked much, I always enjoy reading his posts.

Newbiespectator: With most of the members of this forum being in America or Europe, it is so nice to have a member who can tell us things from the Japanese perspective. Particularly when they are as enthusiastic and unbiased as Newbie always is!

gsk8: What can I say? Without Paula, there literally would be no Golden Skate!

And now for some selected members.

golden411: Whenever you want to know anything, chances are Golden either knows the answer, or else knows where to find it. And whenever you write something that is not strictly accurate, she is in like a shot to correct you. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy it when she corrects me on things, as it usually means that I am learning new things.

gkelly: Don't think I have talked too much to you over the years. But, recently I have been asking various questions about rules, and through your answers I have learnt so much more than I could have imagined I would when I first wrote the question.

satine94: My right-hand woman when running the Predictions Games last season. I honestly don't know how I could have stayed sane without her. Always ready to give me a shoulder to cry on or a kick up the backside depending on what was required! Such a lovely girl to talk to.

sabinfire: Technical wizzard. He has already (justifiably) received a lot of thanks for all his videos, so I would like to take a different slant. I would like to thank him for being so devoted to the Russian skaters, and for finding out so much about them. And, on a personal note, for being a great friend.

sequinsgalore: Love your PBP's! Very informative for somebody like me who has 0 technical knowledge. Plus, they make it very easy to keep track of where you are when you are watching a competition delayed, and reading the corresponding competition thread at the same time as if you were watching live! ;)

Sam-Skwantch: There are some people whose posts you always look forward to reading. And you are one of them. Such a witty, enthusiastic way of writing. Oh, and I always look forward to seeing the things you find for the "How Cool Is This?" thread!

matmuh: You are one of those members that you can't help but like. You come across as a really nice person, and you have contributed so much to this forum in the short time you have been here. In particular through your Fan Fests, which are so comprehensive. Hey, they even inspired me to add a whole new section (Personal Best tables) to my Fan Fests!

There are lots of other members I would like to compliment (eg. Sugarpova, melissa_ire,...), but you are probably getting bored with my gushing by now! :laugh:

So, instead, may I compliment the entire Golden Skate community for making the forum the success it is today!

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To the genius mods! Mrs. P and dorispulaski, I don't know how we'd go without you both! :yay:

To sabinfire, the Lord Of Videos! Your HQ, such prompt video postings make competitions even better!

To golden411, my fellow Maxian, and repository of insane amounts of knowledge!

To gkelly, whose almost encyclopaedic knowledge of rules and how they apply is awe-inspiring! :bow:

To Sam-Skwantch, whose enthusiasm and different perspectives are always sure to add more fun to a thread! (And whose knife-boot byline always gives me a giggle!)

To CaroLiza_fan, for supporting your skaters so ardently, and your infectious delight!

To EVERYBODY, for perpetuating arguments over technical nitbits, for discussing the merits of engines, for keeping up to date with the latest news, for making hundred-page-long competition threads wherein the subject may not always be said comp, for putting up with the ramblings of someone attempting pbp on very little sleep, for providing the pbp for when some have to be asleep, for simply being Golden Skate!!!!!!!!!! Long may it continue!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a nice thread! Kudos to all of the members mentioned so far, for all the above reasons! :love:

To coyotechris for his sense of humor in his posts (and camaraderie @ skating events)!

To merrywidow & Dee, for keeping lots of the games going!

Last edited: