Hating the Ice fly.. Looking for advice | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hating the Ice fly.. Looking for advice

Loops

Rinkside
Loops, thanks for the suggestion. I will be taking a trip to the US soon and if I don't find something there, France is probably my next best option. If that is case, I will definitely keep you in mind! :)

You're going to find more options in the US than you will here, I can assure you. If it weren't for timing considerations (we don't go stateside long enough to order even stock boots), I would without a doubt get my skates there. As it is, I'm planning on at least exploring getting them there anyway. Keep France as a plan B, but I'll certainly share what I've learned if you need!

vlaurend

Final Flight
This is exactly my problem. I can't seem to stay on top of the blade because my ankles keep wobbling from side to side. Even 3-turns are a struggle which shouldn't be happening as a novice skater. I also noticed when I looked at the EDEAs, that the blades seemed to be mounted more diagonally compared to some other brands. I'm wondering if this is throwing me off too.

What do you mean about the blade being mounted more diagonally? The blade doesn't come mounted to the boot, so isn't it up to the individual who is mounting them? Also, I meant to ask if you ever ended up trying the spot ankle area heat molding with a hair dryer. If so, did it help at all?

leafygreens

Final Flight
Dutchie, You can try going to a skate expert or shoe expert and have them glue some rubber padding on the back of your tongue. This will make the tongue thicker and push your ankle farther into the back of the skate.

Sometimes certain brands don't work for everyone (that's why skaters all use different brands.) I tried SP-Teri which I heard raves about, and it was still wobbly even though fitted by a skate expert. I had to go back to Riedell which seems to be good for those with narrow feet.