Where can I find a pic of Sandu's famous spin? | Golden Skate

Where can I find a pic of Sandu's famous spin?

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
I've lurked here enough to know that you guys probably could point me in the right direction on this quest.

On another board composed of adult competitive skaters, someone was talking about a spin that Emmanuel Sandu does where he bends over in half and "he spins with legs straight, but apart and puts his head down between his knees." They went on to say that this is a one-foot spin, and the rest of us can't figure out what she means. Do you know of a picture of him doing this spin that we could link to so everyone would understand the concept?

Someone else said this was called the "kiss your @** goodbye" spin.

I sure hope you guys can help. Don't worry though, we don't intend to actually try the spin anytime soon. Sounds like I'd need to have my back surgically unhinged in order to do so!!!! :eek:

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
Dlkksk8fan - that's what I was hoping, though I've only been keeping up with the posts in "Lutz Corner" and am woefully behind here. I've been slogging through a lot of the posts, but I was hoping some of the "regulars" might be able to put their fingers on it faster than me.

As an aside, I see that I've missed quite a bit here, including some pretty humorous responses to troll-like behaviors. You guys just crack me up!!!! I usually don't post too much in this forum because I don't consider myself very knowledgeable about the elite skaters (I'm more of a skater--such as it is-- than a fan), but it's always very interesting when I do. Thanks for any help you can give. My Google search was pretty much a bust.

Cinderella on Ice

On the Ice
You are AWESOME! Thank you so much. You will NOT be seeing me doing this any time soon -- though it looks a lot like my inadvertent landing position on the double salchow!!!

icenut84

Final Flight
Haven't you ever seen Sandhu doing the spin? Stephane Lambiel does it too, and I think someone else - but I can't remember who right now. (Does Johnny Weir? Or am I imagining that? :confused: )

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
I don't remember about Weir but Andrei Griazev does this spin too regularly and so does Jeff Buttle (I think with some sort of arm variation but it's the same spin).

It's not unusual to see skaters using it in competition.

Olderbear

Rinkside
Flame me if you will, but this spin has got to be right up there as the ugliest, along with any man's doing the Biellman. Who wants an a** spun in his face?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
The spin really doesn't look that bad when it's in motion, but I agree the pictures are awful.

Doesn't Alexei Yagudin do this spin also?

Laura :)

Kasey

Medalist
Never seen Alexei do this one...have seen Griazev do it, fairly well....

Kasey

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
didn't lucinda ruh have a spin similar to this one? if not this one?

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Rumor has it Alexei did the famous "Orbiting Uranus" spin only once in competition, at a GPF in Japan. Griazev has a pretty good one. To see a photo of Sandhu performing the spin in all his glory - AND in a gorgeous midnight-blue velvel costume, seek out the pix from the recent show in Illinois that he, Cohen, Todd, and Lysacek performed at. If I can find it, I'll post the link.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
To see a photo of Sandhu performing the spin in all his glory - AND in a gorgeous midnight-blue velvel costume, seek out the pix from the recent show in Illinois that he, Cohen, Todd, and Lysacek performed at. If I can find it, I'll post the link.
Isn't that what joeperryfan posted above?

guinevere

Final Flight
Just imagine, now that ladies don't have to wear skirts, we might just see the BC spin exactly like that all the time now!! :D