Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: I'm worried 05' Worlds!

Rooting for the Kerrs!
    Quote Originally Posted by libra 1
    Zhenia's SP music is a guitar version of Moonlight Sonata, very lyrical, sad, touching, and beautiful. I believe all necessary ingredients for a new little masterpiece will be put in place.
    I can't wait! :D (I hope he places the footwork to match the music well too)

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by thvudragon
    Even IF Lambiel was placed third in the LP, he still would have been 4th overall because of his poor SP placement.

And Dambier should have beaten Plush at Euros? Dambier with his empty program full of nothing but spread eagles and random arm waving was placed 4th and I think justifiably, but hey, that's just me. Plushenko still had better technical content despite the falls I thought.

TV
    Totally disagree. Dambier's only problem, like most French skaters, is the shaky landings on his jumps. "Moulin Rouge" to me at least, is a beautifully austere program (the costume is a tad unfortunate, but he's European), mercifully free of the frantic mannerisms that Plushy has.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSk8Fan
    Dambier's only problem, like most French skaters, is the shaky landings on his jumps
    Shaky landings aren't a "only", this is a major thing. If you can't land the jumps cleanly then you won't get full credit for them. It's not only the attempts and what you can put in that counts, it's the quality of the elements landed. Dambier fully deserved that fourth place, there is no way he shoud have been placed better than Plushenko.

The only skater whose placement I doubted at Euros and I haven't re-watched yet, is Klimkin. I remember thinking at the time that he had a very good shot for the silver, maybe I should watch it again to see if I changed my mind. Plushenko still landed a good number of jumps and of high quality, but the presentation marks were a total gift IMO for a program that had quite a few mistakes and was changed to some extent to throw in the jumps.

And on the French skaters with shaky landings... Joubert lands clean jumps :D

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by RIskatingfan
    And on the French skaters with shaky landings... Joubert lands clean jumps :D
    Look at his quad-triple combo. Look at how he exits....it is sloppy. But Joubert has beautiful rotations in the air.

Custom Title
    Yes, many times his combination jumps aren't as good as they could be, but you must look at his jumps in general. His solo quad in particular is probably even better than Plushenko's. At least as of lately. In general, Joubert has great landings and that is one of the reasons why he is the current European Champion and Worlds Silver medallist in one of the best skated Worlds we've seen in a long time. IMO he has plenty of things to improve if he wants to keep winning medals, but his jumps are terrific, so credit where it's due.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4