Brendan Kerry | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Brendan Kerry

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm. I need a few more listens, but I kind of like it.

Yay for Brendan getting Skate Canada! fingers crossed for a bit of timezone luck!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay. I've been binge-listening to it on Spotify. I have goosebumps by the end every time.

This could be...it could be...what a program this could be.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brendan has given us a guessing game to play on his instagram!

He has just posted a story, with a picture of his laptop, his passport, and a boarding pass tucked into his passport, with the caption "To...?"

The boarding pass is a Turkish Airlines pass, which says to me that he's going somewhere in Europe...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^That could be just about anywhere. Turkish usually comes up as the cheapest airline to Europe right now (from the U.S.). He'd fly to Istanbul and then you can get just about anywhere from there. Come on Brendan. Give us some better clues! :handw:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well hold up now. His new instagram story has him back at the airport! Now where are you going, Brendan?

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pirate alert! :hap93: Really nice article on Brendan in the latest International Figure Skating magazine. Nice photo too, in the pirate costume! He talks about how happy he was to earn a place for Australia at the men's event at the 2018 Olympics.

I think it was the highest level of skating ever at a World Championships, not only in the men's field but across all the disciplines. ..I was a bit disappointed afterwards. I felt as if I had put too much focus on solidifying a quota spot for the Olympics and I held back a bit in my performances, just doing safe skates. I felt like I really could have done more...I earned 2 personal best scores and that was really all I could have asked for.

Regarding his disappointment with his 2 Grand Prix performances: I was very weak. I was dealing with a few injuries and I also got really sick. I kind of let that get to me. When I was healthy, I was focusing on the negative, rather than trying to make up for lost time...I want to up the technical difficulty in both the short and long programs for next season. I plan to have 2 new programs for the Olympic season. The short is going to have 2 quads and the free is going to have at least three or possibly four, depending on my how my training goes during the off-season. I am still a bit injured so I am not practicing the toe jumps very much at the moment. But the goal is to kind of compensate for that by working on the others a bit more and build consistency. I started landing the quad loop (it's a little bit scary), and maybe I'll do that one too.

Brendan will open his season at Skate Canada in October.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was very weak. I was dealing with a few injuries and I also got really sick. I kind of let that get to me. When I was healthy, I was focusing on the negative, rather than trying to make up for lost time...

:cry: :sad21: :cry: Oh, Brendan! :sad21:

The short is going to have 2 quads and the free is going to have at least three or possibly four, depending on my how my training goes during the off-season.

:eeking: :eeking: :eeking: *dies*

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cry: :sad21: :cry: Oh, Brendan! :sad21:

:eeking: :eeking: :eeking: *dies*
I thought it seemed like he was pretty tough on himself, especially if he was injured. Do you know what injuries he had? I don't remember hearing that he was injured. Regardless, I love his attitude to move forward and challenge himself...4Lo? Oh my! :luv17:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought it seemed like he was pretty tough on himself, especially if he was injured. Do you know what injuries he had? I don't remember hearing that he was injured.

He had tendonitis in his foot around the time of Skate America - he was supposed to do ACI but withdrew because of it. I have also heard he has shin splints. He also skated Nebelhorn 2013 with a fractured wrist. Poor Brendan. Hope everything clears up and he can stay injury free this season! I'd give a lot to see what the international judges would do with a clean 2-quad short and clean 4-quad free!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Ah ok, so it was sort of a nagging injury type thing. Very frustrating, I'm sure - especially when you really want to practice quads but know it might worsen your condition...Six quads does sound a bit ambitious, but we'll see. He looked good in the teaser Instagram he posted. Accchh, the 4Lo. :hslap:

ETA -- BTW, I'm going to Skate Canada and am really looking forward to seeing Brendan there.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
COMPETITION ALERT!

Brendan will be competing at Glacier Falls from July 27!

In past years, the club hosting Glacier Falls has generously provided free video to IceNetwork, who then post it on their site (no subscription required). We have seen Brendan's new programs this way a few times now, so I hope this year is no exception. I'm looking forward to the short but more, I can't wait to find out what the free is!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
I love the music and like other skaters, the routine will progress further on into the season, brilliant job!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's SO good already, I can't wait to see this when he's got it down, it's spine-tingling. :yay:

GF2445

Record Breaker
great to see him out on the ice again. I think someone posted that he had an injury. I can't wait to see how this program will develop because it can really be something very special.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You guys liked the SP? You thought the SP was great? Wait til you see this. Spine-tingling.

Valley of Dreams FS (ty to cgirl8 on FSU for the music ID)

I spy three quad slots here, but could be fairly easily converted to four.