Canadian Idol | Golden Skate

Canadian Idol

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I have never watched either program - American Idol or Canadian Idol, but just out of curiosity and to see "who made the cut" from Vancouver (the final city for auditions) I watched the other night.

I have to say, there were one or two who seemed to have some talent and one outstanding young man from Abbotsofrd, B.C. who can sing!!! They should just award him the title.

I just might tune in again to hear this young fellow sing.

Last edited:

mike79

On the Ice
I'm really psyched so far. It seems like there is way more talent this year. I was really impressed with the talent coming from Montreal.

While we're on the topic of Canadian Idol, Billy Klippert's version of Levon is getting HEAVY play here on the radio station C100. It is simply the best song put out by anyone on an Idol show to date. If you guys want to hear it here's a link:

http://www.orangerecordlabel.com/

The song automatically loads and plays once you've to the site so if you're at work you might want to turn your computer volume down.

Lad, I know you've never gotten into these shows, but if you give them a few glances you'll see some real vocal talents.

Kara, what do you think of Levon?

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Mike, thank you SO much for that link. I haven't heard it on the radio here yet. I have been looking and looking for that song, on Kazaa ,I admit. But I will buy the cd when I find it. Is it out yet?

I started off really disliking Billy, but each week on Canadian idol I liked him more and more. But I was always a Ryan girl. However, I do listen to my mp3s from the show and have realized just how much of a true artist Billy is. I was also HUGELY disappointed with RYan's post CI work.

I have high hopes for this cd. Billy took the time to record it, went to a smaller record company that hopefully allowed him to be creative. I hope it will be an artistic cd that stays true to Billy's self, unlike Ryan, who has been totally manipulated into a bubble gum cheese fest.

I hope Billy comes to the Maritimes, cause I would love to see him live!

Mike, you remnded me how much I miss C100...I listened to that station all the time when I was home...ahhhhh, the Breakfast Club, good times. :)

mike79

On the Ice
Kara, Billy's CD comes out on June 15th. I'm really looking forward to picking it up.

You're right, Ryan was ruined by being forced to compromise the musical style that he should have been able to sing. I hope he can rebound with a less generic follow-up disc.