2 2.06%
  • Irina Slutskaya-Don Quixote

3 3.09%
  • P&T-Chess

15 15.46%
  • Other

21 21.65%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which Program was the most boring?

The "Cotton Club" routine got my vote. Not so much for the program, but T and M are not very exciting skaters, in my opinion. No chemistry or "va-va-voom"......42

Custom Title
    There's an interview with T&M in Spotlight on Skating (this month's issue with Irina on the cover) and they said they couldn't get into the Cotton Club Routine. It was not their style. However IMO , this year's Art on Ice was a terrific program for them and they did say that they would keep that program for next year. Plus they are working on their emotion and expression on the ice.

Interesting sidebar, bu the coach says that T&M fell in love but now have a working relationship. There was an interview with Marinin posted on FSU where he was basically whining about how Tot doesn't want to hear his troubles, blah , blah. Maybe they had a bad breakup and they basically can't stand to be with eachother. They definitely are the least enthusiastic pair on the ice.

Here's the interview link for those who haven't seen it.
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...threadid=14092
    Last edited by soogar; 06-27-2004 at 02:23 PM.

Custom Title
    The cotton club...snore :sheesh:

On the Ice
    I had to vote other--meaning the Cohen/Wagner collaboration of the watered down Swan Lake.

Custom Title
    Wow....I thought Maria's "Otonal" was her best LP and a damn good one at that. I also thought Meno and Sand's "Nessum Dorma" was their best. So, I guess Berthes Ghost and I are just extremely boring people.....lol. I would have to say "Cotton Club" was the worst also. You could tell they didn't like or connect with the music and it was so bland. They were a totally different pair to me with "Art on Ice"....I very much liked them this year. I would also have to say that Viktor Petrenko's 92 Olympic LP was boring....I think he had used it for multiple seasons. I just didn't like it at all.

Custom Title
    Bronze:
    I was a huge Viktor Petrenko fan and I was so happy that he won in 1992 b/c it was payback for when he was robbed of the world title in 1991. However I agree with you that his LP was a snooze. Mainly b/c he used the darn thing for THREE SEASONS!!! I really liked his program the first time I saw it, but by 1992 I was groaning at the too familiar opening bars of music.

Banned

I voted for other because...

Any Sasha Cohen makes me fall a sleep. Even a baby who always goes to sleep, would go to sleep. But Michelle's performances make it more exciting. Also Miki Ando's Firebird was a bit boring. I hope Michelle skates to "Fields of Dreams Soundtrack for the 2004-2005 session or for the future.

Crazy Armchair Fan/Resident Nerd
    I voted other: Stanick Jeannette's LP from the 2002 Trophée Lalique. He skated in what resembled rainbow-coloured pajamas and the programme had zero choreography. Can the French ever do anything conventional? Just once, maybe?

I also don't think that Butyrskaya's Otonal was that boring. Granted, most of Raul DiBlasio's music sounds like elevator music (and she used the programme for what, two years?), but I think the programme was a good one for her and showed off her style the best

I also personally liked Delobel/Schoenfelder's Merlin, though I agree they're not the most exciting of skaters. The programme was really creative, though.

Quote Originally Posted by soogar
    Interesting sidebar, bu the coach says that T&M fell in love but now have a working relationship. There was an interview with Marinin posted on FSU where he was basically whining about how Tot doesn't want to hear his troubles, blah , blah. Maybe they had a bad breakup and they basically can't stand to be with eachother. They definitely are the least enthusiastic pair on the ice.
    Weird... What everyone has been saying for the past few years was that Vasiliev (the coach) and Tatiana are romantically involved. Of course, this is not something they would say in an interview, since Vasiliev does have a wife back in Russia. Anyway, I couldn't open the article -- seems it's for registered FSU users only.

Custom Title
    I voted for Irina's Don Q. Especially when compared to Sarah's in the same season, Irina just did NOT do it justice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2