Kansas city Star, that's what I are.... | Golden Skate

Kansas city Star, that's what I are....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The call has been made, the contracts are being signed, it was in the midwest....I knew that much a few days ago. But my spies burried deep within the USFS tell me
its Kansas City 2017! NOT Cleveland! Yeahhhhhhhyyyyyy! Sorry if this is old news but it is NEw to me.:cheer:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
this may be a very stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway: what are you talking about? :biggrin:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Sorry...I am still living in Milwaukee Universe! All the buzz here at SA Milwaukee was "where the blazes the 2017 US nats would be. Through a series of events, we found out from a USFS official....
this may be a very stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway: what are you talking about? :biggrin:

noskates

Record Breaker
It's about time they announced it. It's less than 15 months away. But I was really hoping for a city that was in a milder climate. KC is better than Boston was but you're still dealing with ice and snow at that time of year. Wish they took that into consideration when choosing a city but then look at some of the dumb places they've held Super Bowls. Ah me!!!:rolleye:

Last edited:
Everything's up to date in Kansas City. :)

noskates said:
...look at some of the dumb places they've held Super Bowls.

The best was Super Bowl XL (extra large), in Detroit. General Motors, Ford and Chrysler, together with the mayor of Detroit, browbeat the NFL into it as repayment for all the advertising dollars that the auto industry plowed into football over the years. Weatherwise, the pitch was, just in time for Detroit's famous January thaw. (What January thaw? :laugh:)

Alissa Czisny was in a famous "Hooray for Detroit" Super Bowl television ad (along with Marshall Mathers III). The mayor is serving 28 years (but not for that.)

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Chris, I hate to burst your happy bubble, but Cleveland is trying to get Nationals 2018. As far as I know Cleveland is still in the running to host 2018.

I've never been to KC so I'm ok with going there. I think Kansas City has bid a few times in the past and not been selected so this is probably a good move by USFS.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Since I am a former KC resident and have many family and friends in the area I am THRILLED that KC got the 2017 nod. The downtown area has seen a resurgence with the addition of the Sprint Center, the Power and Light District, and many new hotels. And KC is home to great BBQ (Arthur Bryants, Gates, Kansas City Joes to name a few) and Boulevard beer. As the old song says "everythings up to date in Kansas City"