Garabedian to represent Armenia in 2018 Oly | Golden Skate

Garabedian to represent Armenia in 2018 Oly

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
18-year-old Canadian-Armenian Tina Garabedian, who has been skating with the Laval Figure Skating Club since she was four, will be wearing the colors of Armenia in the 2018 Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, The Suburban reports. More

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They can't.

Granted, there are no other Armenian ice dancers. I presume they have been assured that Simon will get joint Armenian citizenship, but that's it.

However, they will have to either qualify at 2017 Worlds or in whatever qualifying championship there is in Fall 2017.

http://icedancearmenia.com/

They have a website...it used to be Garabedian's and Laliberté's, and there are still some confusing crossover errors in it.

Their programs are
Tina Garabedian & Simon Proulx-Sénécal ARM
SD Flaming Love and Destiny by Sumumu Yokota and Go Do by Jónsi
FD Everybody Wants to Rule the World, performed by Lorde (Hunger Games soundtrack), Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine

Last edited:

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
They can't.

Granted, there are no other Armenian ice dancers. I presume they have been assured that Simon will get joint Armenian citizenship, but that's it.

However, they will have to either qualify at 2017 Worlds or in whatever qualifying championship there is in Fall 2017.

http://icedancearmenia.com/

They have a website...it used to be Garabedian's and Laliberté's, and there are still some confusing crossover errors in it.

Their programs are
Tina Garabedian & Simon Proulx-Sénécal ARM
SD Flaming Love and Destiny by Sumumu Yokota and Go Do by Jónsi
FD Everybody Wants to Rule the World, performed by Lorde (Hunger Games soundtrack), Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine

I understand the qualification process, the article just made it seem like the team was definitely going to the Olympics! Interesting music choices - I love The Hunger Games and am interested to see how the program looks!

Last edited by a moderator:

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I hope they're able to get the minimum TES score for Worlds. Wishing the team the best of luck and hoping they *actually* do qualify for the Olympics!