Muting Youtube Skating Videos for Copyright | Golden Skate

Muting Youtube Skating Videos for Copyright

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
If the video is just muted (not blocked completely), you can use this site for a workaround:

http://www.unblockyoutube.co.uk/

It is really annoying, but at least there are several alternative video sites which are not as strict. If only people would use them more.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Right or Wrong?

I say it's wrong, and this article writes about why.

http://www.examiner.com/article/youtube-pulls-figure-skating-music-on-copyright-grounds

I do that a lot when I want to see the technical side and quality of skating, especially in ID. :biggrin:

If the video is just muted (not blocked completely), you can use this site for a workaround:
http://www.unblockyoutube.co.uk/

It is really annoying, but at least there are several alternative video sites which are not as strict.

Thanks a lot for the link. It will be very useful for me.

Last edited:
Lucky most music owners are content to just collect the profits from such videos. Even that's annoying though, considering the music is nothing without the visual.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yuru's videos are blocked for music copyright, but only in the U.S. and Japan. :shrug:

FTnoona

Final Flight
Yeah, for Hanyu's FS I was hoping they would just mute the audio, but they completely block the entire video :scowl:
That just seems too much for a music copyright infringement. I can understand if it is the actual network that the video was recorded from claiming copyright, but this is just the music.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Yuru's videos are blocked for music copyright, but only in the U.S. and Japan. :shrug:

Yeah, its cause Sony's releasing a repackaged version of the OST that he's using due to rise in popularity/interest. So....yay for the cool music Yuzu, but sucks that your so popular cause now we can't watch it online lol

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Yeah, its cause Sony's releasing a repackaged version of the OST that he's using due to rise in popularity/interest. So....yay for the cool music Yuzu, but sucks that your so popular cause now we can't watch it online lol

Sony needs to give a cut of the $$ they make of this to Yuzu :furious:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Sony gets a lot of money already, they need to let the people who want to watch it watch it. Sometimes copyright laws in my opinion gives the chance for companies to act like 5 year olds who don't like to share.

I understand why the laws are in place, but they can't be the devil (And yes I know I'm Jewish and my religion doesn't believe in such. But I'm just showing a symbol in a way) and take away fun from us. It's not fair to the general public. And the general public wants to appreciate the music along with the visual. We are not claiming it as our own.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The last third of Shoma's free skate is also muted for both the Japan Open and Skate America. Just the last third. :palmf: I guess that's the only part the claimant holds the copyright to.

Alba

Record Breaker
Yuzuru's FS is free in Italy. Use Hola.

Lucky most music owners are content to just collect the profits from such videos. Even that's annoying though, considering the music is nothing without the visual.

What do you mean?

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
As a record company or an artist, you can monetize any video on YT, that uses content from you. You can either run a banner add, or a small commercial clip. YT does not pay anything to labels and artists, yet it does host their work and gains a profit, that´s why so many videos are taken down from YT.

YT has now started muting the audio from videos, to still keep the videos online and gain more money, even if the video is useless, enough people will still click it.

While I am biased, people need to learn that using someone else's work to gain money is not tolerated, I fully understand the concerns by skating fans, I honestly hate it as well when skating videos are blocked or muted, but it´s the fault of YT and not the record labels.

If you sit on a piece of music for weeks, then you just don´t want others to rip it from YT. The software that YT uses for muting, sadly doesn't understand the difference between a clean upload of an original audio file and a third party file, that nobody will put on his ipod anyways as it has crowd noises or isn´t complete.