Anybody Watch OJ? | Golden Skate

Anybody Watch OJ?

OJ Simpson did three interviews surrounding the 10th anniversary of the murders of his ex-wife, Nicole Bown and her friend Ron Goldman. I saw the ones done by Katy Couric on NBC's "Dateline" and by Catherine Crier of Court TV. OJ had his lawyer with him and stipulated that the interviews be broadcast unedited.

"Favorite" comments:
OJ wouldn't even remember the date, June 12, when Nicole, mother of two of his children, was brutally murdered if the media didn't keep reminding him. The media has ruined OJ's life, says OJ. He and his kids celebrate Nicole's birthday, but if it weren't for the media, June 12 would be just another day.

OJ is still angry at Nicole for hanging around all those horrible people like Faye Resnick who were drug addicts at the time just preceding and during her murder. That's what the fight on the 911 tape was all about. OJ said he went over to Nicole's to "read her the riot act" about the horrible drug people she was hanging around. Never mind that on the tape you can hear him yelling at Nicole about her and a boyfriend having a sexual encounter downstairs while the children were upsairs sleeping. OJ says that 911 tape was blown up all out of proportion by the media.

Everyplace he goes, people have spontaneous parades for him.

He's a very easy-going guy and any problems he's had over the past 10 years have been exaggerated by the media.

OJ says he will NEVER pay the Goldmans the money they won in their civil suit because he didn't do it and because Florida law says that has head of household, his income can't be garnished to pay court-ordered settlements. He yelled "NEVER" into the camera. He bought a new house in Florida in 2000 for $570,000.

Truly was glad to hear that Sydney has graduated with high honors from high school and was accepted to every coolege to which she applied and that Justin also seems to be doing well.
Rgirl

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
............Being from California and having relatives who live near the O.J. residence, we were swamped with the media parade on both the telly and local news......

OJ says he will NEVER pay the Goldmans the money they won in their civil suit because he didn't do it and because Florida law says that has head of household, his income can't be garnished to pay court-ordered settlements. He yelled "NEVER" into the camera. He bought a new house in Florida in 2000 for $570,000.

My problem lies with the court system. If a jury finds a person "not guilty" of a crime, why can he or she be found "guilty" in a civil court. Seems a huge contridiction to me. If he didn't commit the murders as he says he didn't, I don't blame him for not wanting to pay............42

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I refused to even watch this. I read a short article online last week about this interview and I could tell it was something that would really tick me off. My sister passed away 6 years ago (mysterious circumstances...there was no real investigation) and we've had an unofficial custody arrangement with her husband that allows us to have her two children for a portion of every week. It is so difficult to grin and bear it and associate with someone when you know they did horrible things to someone you love. But, sometimes you have to and I imagine the Browns must do this as well. My ex-brother-in-law refuses to speak about my sister, and when he does so to her children it is always in a negative light. So, whenever I hear that poor, pitiful OJ is having such a tough time.....I have absolutely no sympathy. He is defiling her memory repeatedly and openly and without any remorse. It wasn't enough for him to beat her down mentally and physically while she was alive...he has to continue to do it after her death. It is that that makes him the biggest coward of all...it is so easy to attack and slander someone when they are DEAD. I wish the media would stop giving him these opportunites. He doesn't deserve any.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
My family just went through the tragedy of a double murder and suicide over Memorial Day weekend leaving an 8 and 10 year old orphaned and a 12 year old without a mother. All I will say is that unless you have lived through the nightmare it is very easy to say what you think those involved should do, feel, act.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Piel, I have been praying for you and your families. I hope things get better soon. There is no way you ever get over anything like that. I had someone ask me if I had "gotten over" my hubby dying. Why would anyone ever ask such a stupid question?

I didn't watch it either for the same reasons. Once in a while you get a few sentences in references to it and it just makes me boil. I sure agree they should stop giving him time on tv, etc.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
So, whenever I hear that poor, pitiful OJ is having such a tough time.....I have absolutely no sympathy. He is defiling her memory repeatedly and openly and without any remorse. It wasn't enough for him to beat her down mentally and physically while she was alive...he has to continue to do it after her death. It is that that makes him the biggest coward of all...it is so easy to attack and slander someone when they are DEAD. I wish the media would stop giving him these opportunites. He doesn't deserve any.

ITA... wheither he killed his ex-wife and her boyt friend or not he WAS the one who abused her during their marriage... and continues to belittle her... why the media has to make a huge deal on the tenth anniversery is beyond me. I personally think he did it, but then again I only heard what the media had to say so I'm not sure of all the facts... but everytime he's talked about it since he's been somewhat of a jerk and it's like "ha ha ha the lawyers sucked... too bad for those dead people..." but that's just how he comes off on those interviews... his whole attitude is a turn off.

show 42 said:
............Being from California and having relatives who live near the O.J. residence, we were swamped with the media parade on both the telly and local news......

My problem lies with the court system. If a jury finds a person "not guilty" of a crime, why can he or she be found "guilty" in a civil court. Seems a huge contridiction to me. If he didn't commit the murders as he says he didn't, I don't blame him for not wanting to pay............42

Dirt sells newspapers and other forms of communication. OJ had a first rate defence team. Martha Clark blew it but because the media made her a heroine, she made a lot of money and left the job of prosecution.

As for the two contradicting trials, what exactly would you think if the skating competitions had another team of judges in place at the same competition. Think Kerrigan/Baiul; B&S/S&P; Petrenko/Wylie; Lipinski/Kwan; Boitano/Orso and so many others.

Joe

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Joe, it's not a retrial. In case #1, a man spends his life in prison. Case #2 he pays a monetary penalty to the injured party. It makes a lot on sense to me tha the burden of proof in case #1 is much stricter, as the stakes are much higher.

As for skating, given what Okasana and Tara have done with thier lives/careers and what Nancy and MK have done, I wouldn't trade places witht them for all the money in the world.

Zanzibar

Final Flight
Funny how OJ has "ended" his once-hyped search for the "real killers"....especially as I have a sneaking suspicion he may intimately know the real killer.

As Dennis Miller put it so well a decade ago: "OJ...you're a bad, bad man."