Re: "Signature Pieces"

For me;
T&D-Bolero
Alexei Yagudin-Winter & Gladiator
B&S- Charlie Chaplin

S

SkateFan4Life

Kurt Browning's Lyle Lovett number, "Here I am, Look at Me".
I'm not sure that's the title, but those definitely were part of the lyrics. A real hoot, and Kurt played it to the hilt. The audience at Skate America (1989) really loved it!

E

egskater0003

1996 worlds SALOME - Michelle's defining moment of truly magnificent artistry that sets the standard for everyone and herself. Definately a "Signature Piece" And her Rach is just untouchable!

Sasha's 2002-2003 Short Malanquea...even though I have yet to see it executed with no flaws, I think this a piece that really show's Sasha's character and I can't see anyone else skating to it with the same flair and flamboyance.

Bourne and Kraats RIVERDANCE! Wow! now that was an awesome piece of music they skated to and performed it so well ! Spectatcular.

On a side note, maybe not a signature piece, but I really loved NNN's 1999 Rach long program. She had cool spins, I especially liked her sideways leaning spin, of course the gorgeous layback, particularly her arm/hand positions and her beillman. Heck I loved all her spins!

E

egskater0003

forgot to add G&G to the list.

Never saw any of there programs live on TV but one of they're old exhibition programs skated to music that sounded like circus music with the red sparkly cosutmes was aweome! I saw on one of to those "best of world champions" videos. Whoever said that they had impecible unision, I second that!

S

SkateFan4Life

Scott Hamilton's "Hair" number was hilarious! It started off with him with a huge wig of wild hair and funky clothes, and it ended with him with his "own" haircut and square clothes. A real hoot!

Torvill and Dean's "Barnum" number featured a number of circus tricks and acrobatic moves. It won them the 1983 World title. It was a masterpiece - one of many they have created!