The Healthsouth Training Center | Golden Skate

The Healthsouth Training Center

IDLERACER

Medalist
[COLOR=0060C0]I got home a little early from work today, and decided to stop off at the rink, because I hadn't been in awhile, just to check out the scene. If it's of any interest, Irina Rodnina and Scott Williams no longer work there, and they have been replaced by Linda Fratianne and Burt Cording, respectively. The place certainly attracts A-list talent for their coaching staff.[/COLOR]

You're a lucky duck, Idle. Great place to read the paper and watch the skaters.

Let us know how Linda and Burt coach compared to Irina Rodnina and Scott Williams. And especially which skaters they're coaching. And of course any good dirt.
Rgirl

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Idle.......do you know what happened to Irina and Scott? 42

IDLERACER

Medalist
All I know is that the pictures on the wall of each coach/teacher that one finds at every rink seem to be in a constant state of flux at this one, and every now and then, familiar names/faces pop up. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Timothy Goebel and/or Amber Corwin's mugs wind up on that wall in a few years.

IDLERACER

Medalist
Well, I finally got a half day of work today, and stopped off at the rink again. Linda Fratianne was teaching a class of eight girls, ranging in age from around 9 to 14. I must say, I was really impressed with what I saw. She had each one of them to do a combination spin of some sort, that had to start with a flying camel. This one little Asian girl who looked to be about 12 went down into a sitspin Dorothy Hammill-style, then went back up into a catch-leg, and closed with a headless scratch spin. It's amazing how skinny little legs like that can be so powerful! Obviously, Frank Carroll has put her in charge of all the skaters he thinks might have a shot at the big time.​
Who knows? Perhaps someday I'll wonder in and catch a glimpse of Jenny Kirk.​