10 Musical Performers that Make You Ill | Golden Skate

10 Musical Performers that Make You Ill

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Okay....we have been far too nice lately. It is time to be catty and negative, LOL! But, honestly, I was thinking today of some musical artists (solo, groups, etc.) that I just can't bring myself to like (for various reasons).

1. 50 Cent - Okay, some of his songs have been catchy, but enough already! I never want to see another interview with him again. I also am tired of hearing him proudly boast about what a hardcore "gangster" he is.

2. Rod Stewart - I'm sorry to any fans of his, but anytime any of his music comes on the radio I am in a mad rush to change it before I am forced to hurt myself.

3. Kenny Loggins - What happened to the days of "Danger Zone"? Now we get that ridiculous song about Pooh corner.

4. Jessica Simpson - I really enjoyed her first single, but everything since has been bland garbage. And, I am so upset that she had to go and butcher a classic Berlin tune!

5. Avril Lavigne - Enough of the pretend teen angst already!

Well, I'll be back to finish this...but I got things started anyway!

Last edited:

berthes ghost

Final Flight
In no particular order:

1. I don't see what the attraction to Marilyn Manson is. Ugly on the outside, ugly on the inside. SoftCell should have run over his dog for that remake/rape.
2.Well, she doesn't make me ill, but I'd have to say Bionce is pretty 2faced. All that talk about being a good christian woman, keeping her integrity, not being a skank, etc... and as soon as she hooks-up with JC it's all wrything around half naked talking about how sexed-up she is. Nasty put your clothes on why dontcha.
3. K3. They're popular with tiny kids, but OMG, thank God I don't have any as listening to this talentless crew is enough to make you want to do yourself in.
4. Atomic Kitten. It's like they were squeezed out of a tube. How manufactured can you get.
5. Victoria Beckem. Even compared to the other Spices, she was considered the talentless one.
6. Madhouse. I think that's their name. The really bad "group" that did an entire album of raping,murdering and plundering Madonna classics. She should have sued. I should have sued.
7. Billy Crawford.
8. Will Young.
9. Gareth Gates.
Why do these 3 have careers? They can't sing, they can't write, they can't dance (well, maybe except for Billy) and they aren't even cute. What is the world coming to, when talentless bubblegum pop stars aren't even eye candy?
10. JLo. She doesn't even sing anymore. If she's keeping it real, the rest of us must be living in the matrix.

Johar

Medalist
1. Insane Clown Possee

2. Marilyn Manson

3. Korn

4. Snoop Dogg

5. Coolio

6. Oasis

7. N'Sync

8. O-Town

9. Britney Spears

I'm sure there's more, but I've blocked them from my mind:D

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Christina "I'm a Ho" Aguillera

Celine "I'm so emotional" Dion

Hilary "I Have No Singing Talent Whatsoever But Who Cares Because People Will Buy My CDs 'Cuz I'm a Big Star" Duff

skatepixie

On the Ice
Just ten? Darn...

Marylin Manson
Steevie Nicks
Karen Carpender
Diana DeGarmo
Clay Akin
All rock...
Most Rap...

anya_angie

Final Flight
Honestly these are in no particular order.

Christina Aguilara
Britney Spears
Heavy Metal bands
Most rap except Will Smith
Clay Aiken
Kelly Clarkson (I prefer Tamayra LOL)
Macy Gray (like her songs, but don't like her voice)
Jessica Simpson
Cannot STAND MARILYN MANSON
OR
EMINEM.

My 13-year-old niece WORSHIPS him, sings his songs (unedited) all the time. She certainly didn't get that way from my brother.

Labogh

Rinkside
I don't want to make a list because, first of all, it would be pages long, secondly, nearly everything that is out there today is pure crapology. The music business is hardly focused on the music anymore, instead they're using billions of dollars creating an image that sells. Talent is not appreciated the way it used to.

I could include here most of the "super stars" of today; Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Victoria Beckham, N'Sync, Justin Timberlake, rappers and hip hoppers with nothing to say (I like "intelligent" rap music though), people who thrive on other people's success, copying them etcetc.

Then there are those whose music or voice I don't like but I appreciate them for their musicianship, songwriting, having their own style, pushing the envelope or whatever.

rusalka

On the Ice
Labogh, I agree with you! here are some that I can't stand:
Avril Lavigne:have you ever heard her sing live? TERRIBLE, she has no voice!
Victoria Beckham: well, she shouldn't even be considered a singer
N'Sync, all boybands and Justin Timberlake
I keep saying it:Eros Ramazzotti. I don't know if any of you heard his voice, I think he has one of the most annoying voices in the world!
Mandy Moore
Jessica Simpson
I'll stop it here, but the list would be endless

4dogknight

Final Flight
Any performer who can't seem to find the correct note and wanders around all the others looking for it. Or any performer who does find the correct note but decides they want to wander around all the others for a while and then can't find the correct note again.

A current example: 2004 Tonys - Mary K. Blige - What I Did for Love from A Chorus Line.

4dk

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Those who keep trying to change a song as it is written. I can be ok with a little change, etc. but if they don't like the song why can't they just write their own?

4dogknight

Final Flight
I know what you mean Grgranny. I cringe whenever the National Anthem is sung at a professional sports event.

I believe in artistic license but some of the 'artists' go way over the line.

4dk

Aloft04

On the Ice
~Lil Kim ...and any of the other under-dressed exhibitionists shaking their booty (or is it 'bootie', I don't believe I've ever had the need to spell that word before) :confused:
~Michael Bolton
~Brittney Spears ...especially that little baby-duck-on-helium voice she uses sometimes
~P.Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean John...whatever he's calling himself these days
~Wayne Newton
~Rod Stewart
~J-Lo
~Numerous and sundry rappers who prowl the stage in ridiculously oversized pants and grab their crotches...I just don't get it
~Numerous and sundry country singers who prowl the stage in tight jeans and ridiculously oversized hats and push the song out their nose...ugh
~Edward Hung..."She Bangs, She Bangs..." - his 15 minutes of fame is definitely over. Please.

Last edited:
RealtorGal said:
Christina "I'm a Ho" Aguillera

Celine "I'm so emotional" Dion

Hilary "I Have No Singing Talent Whatsoever But Who Cares Because People Will Buy My CDs 'Cuz I'm a Big Star" Duff
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're hurting me!!! ITA & ROFLMAO!

Totally brilliant thread, BronzeisGolden. Every time I read a post I'm laughing and going, "Yep, yep, yep" to so many of the "singers" on people's lists.

4DK--LOVE your point about how singers rewrite the song by singing it in some totally bizarre way. At least the person who wrote still gets the royalties, but s/he has to listen to the song being butchered.

Aloft--SUPERB list, but one correction. It's William Hung, not Edward, as in Willie Hung. The way people go nuts for the guy, it's like the return of Tiny Tim.

Don't have time to do a decent list, but I will say my number one "never fails to make me barf" singers, which is a tie: JLO! "I'm Still Jenny From the Block" my a**.

And...WHITNEY! When she came on the scene, she really was something. But now she uses her voice like a whip--"I DARE you to not worship me! And don't you even think of dissin' my man Bobby or I'll beat the **** outta you!"

JLO was nothing to begin with as a singer, but Whitney really had something. So Whitney I find very sad.

Oh...wait:eek:...I'm thinking of somebody else :(....no, it's another tie.....I'm gonna hurl chow....it's....Michael Bolton.....and Billy Ray Cyrus....doing a duet! BLUCK-chuck.....sorry, guys. I'll clean it up.
R-hurl-girl

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I don't hate individual groups or singers as much as I hate particular songs. I think most musicians have at least one good song in them somewhere; whether or not they can get it out, I don't know.

Cheesy, overwrought ballads make me barf, whether they're from the 80s or today.

For example, "You Raise me Up" is seriously barf inducing, and is one of the reason I didn't go to COI part 2.

Others?

Heaven by Warrant
All ballads by Michael Bolton

...and there's a huge, tornado creating storm on it's way, so I'm going to log off and continue this later!

cheers,

Laura :)

fmrus

Spectator
Fun topic

1. JLO - It gets on my nerves how she markets herself as real and still the same Jenny from the Bronx, when she doesn't even lives in NY. She's not a singer & actress even though her team market her as one. She is always milking the fact that she's Latin, yet can't speak Spanish very well.

1. Jessica Simpson - Jessica & JLO are tied. Jessica is as irritable as Jlo.

3 .Britney Spears - There are not enough words to describe how she makes me ill.

4. Avril Lavigne - her punk image doesn't fit. If you guys watched VHI Driven, she was bound to be a country singer. She is not the next Alanis that's for sure. She wants to comes off as "i don't care what people say", but she does. Since people started saying she was a fake, she is ays saying "i am not punk" and to me that sounds that she cares what people think

5.Mandy Moore - Everytime I see her in an interview she wants to come across as Miss Little Perfect. There's something about her that I find annoying

6.Eminem - I still can't believe other celebs are intimidated by this guy. It's alright for him to make fun of other celebs, but when people make fun of him like Weird Al, he gets offended. If he can't take a joke then maybe he shouldn't make fun of other celebs

7.50 cent - Since when being in jail for illegal activities is cool. He is always wearing a bulletproof belt and wants to appear "gangsta". it's irritating!

8.P.Diddy - I can't stand this guy. he is always saying "my girl Jllo" who cares. You are history, diddy. I hate the fact that nowadays every "artist" comes out with their clothing, fragance line and practically pass it as their own when a bunch of Chemists put the fragance together.

9 Christina Aguilera - Not a great voice, but her team markets her as the real voice in the bubble gum teen era. On her last album, she promoted herself as if she was the first female in the world to raise the issue of double standard.

10.Justin Timberlake - I don't know what's worse his singing or him milking his relationship with his former girlfriend, Britney

astimegoesby

On the Ice
My own "bottom 10":

Ricky Martin: The man who gave us "Livin' La Vida Loca," "Shake Your Bon-Bon," and the original version of "She Bangs." Enough said.

Justin Timbertake: Absolutely nothing about this guy appeals to me: Not his looks, not his personality and most definitely not his (ahem!) music!

Milli Vanilli (or the guys who actually sang for Milli Vanilli!): If you're going to hire someone else to sing on your album for you, why couldn't you find people with actual singing talent?

Jennifer Lopez: Someone please explain to me how she got a record deal again? Oh, yeah, I forgot...she was dating P. Diddy at the time.

P. Diddy: For having the bad taste to date J-Lo, giving himself two lame stage names and making Kurt Browning skate to one of his "masterpieces" at Tara's Hip-Hop on Ice show. Oh yeah, I'm not a big fan of his "music," either.

Geri Halliwell: One of the few singers who almost makes Britney and J-Lo sound good. Almost...

Gary Beals: For some unknown reason, he placed second in Canadian Idol last year. His butchering of "Unchained Melody" alone deserves him a place on this list, IMO!

Most '80s/early '90s headbanger bands

Most other rappers

And last, but certainly not least, William Hung: Does this one really need an explanation?

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest; I feel sooo much better now! :)