Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tornadoes

We had very strong winds and storms again last night. No tornado but I swear I saw Miss Gulch on her bike ride past my window. :D

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Grganny:

You are not going to believe this - we almost had a tornado here today! It's been sweltering hot the last couple of days, then late this afternoon a thunderstorm rolled in and some people said they saw dust clouds forming into twisters! It poured rain and we even had some power outages. It took me over 45 minutes to make my way home because the traffic lights in some areas were out and the traffic was backed up! Vancouver commute was a nightmare from what I heard on the radio. Thank goodness I did not have to commute to Richmond today. What a day!!!

One of the people's houses that was taken lost their 5 year old son. They were in Minn. with his heart condition trying to get him well enough for a transplant when the tornado came.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Last evening we had a torrential rain storm with gusting winds. I was driving home and I was actually scared. There where tree limbs all over the road. I usually go through the city but thought I better go through the neighborhood which is up higher. The last time we had a heavy rain, the city sewers couldn’t handle that much water and the water was up to the tires. That was scary!!!

Dee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2