Simon & Garfunkel Still Rock at 62 | Golden Skate

Simon & Garfunkel Still Rock at 62

My husband and I attended a Simon & Garfunkel concert this evening. Despite them being approximately 62 years old, they were fabulous and put on a great show. They performed all their great, old classics.
Our 11th row seats were virtually 1st row as there was nothing between us in our elevated seats and the stage but space.
Guests with them were The Everly Brothers.
We had a great time and didn't want the night to end!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad you got to go to the concert and that you had a fantastic time, NJSK8Fan!

S & G are great!!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
NJ........glad to hear this. We have tickets at the Savemart Center in July........can't wait!! 42

Show 42, I do not think you will be one bit disappointed to see the concert.
Have you seen them before....we'd never seen them before, tho we've been fans since the late 60's.
Be sure to post how your show goes!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
NJ......we've never seen them live before and were considering getting tickets. When we heard that the Everly Brothers were their warm-up act, that did the trick.......two of our favorite groups on the same bill.........:) 42

In Philly, the Everly Brothers sang "Dream, Dream, Dream"(I think that is the title...."all I have to do is dreeeaaammm...I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine" etc), "Wake Up Little Susie" and "Let It Be Me" on their own and then Paul and Art joined them for "Bye Bye Love". I didn't know until a couple days before the show that The Everly Brothers would be guests. When I heard, I told my husband and we were saying "I know we know some of their music but I can't think of any of them at the moment"....as soon as they started singing I said "Oh YES, I know these songs....I remember my Mom singing them to them!"
Also, in Philly, the arena went totally dark, they showed a little bit of a video on screens above the stage with a couple songs playing....then the lights came up and Paul and Art were on the stage. They did 2 or 3 songs before the Everly Brothers came on the stage to do their "solos".

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lucky You! I did get to see Art by himself when he did a concert here in Vancouver, BC a couple of years ago. They both were here about fifteen years ago; I was unable to attend at the time. Of course, they will never come back here....oh well, at least I saw one of them. It was fabulous!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, tonight's the night. We paid a lot for these tickets (more than we usually pay, but what the heck) and I'm sure we won't be disappointed. We're on the floor of the concert and my only concern is people standing up in front of us.....I'll let you all know what it went tomorrow..... :) 42

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
NJ.........The Simon and Garfunkel concert was all that you said and more. We had great seats, on the floor of the Savemart Center about 15 rows back but clear shots of the stage, so close we didn't have to rely on the large over-head screens to see them. They were about a half hour late, but well worth it. I loved the way they led into the Everly Brother's spot, strumming a few bars and singing a few lines from a very E.B. like song. I wish they could have played more than four songs, but was thrilled with that..........This was my ideal of a concert, every song a time worn favorite rocketing you into the past, no new and unheard songs to listen to and hope that you might like in the future......

A side note......when the show hadn't started after half an hour past 8:00p.m., I got to thinking that some of these people will have to be calling home to inform baby sitters that they will be late. Then it dawned on me that everyone here was my age!!!! No need for sitters here......... :laugh: 42

I'm glad you found the show so very enjoyable as we did! You are absolutely right about how each "time worn favorite" led to the next one, no strange songs that you couldn't sing along with!
There were very few of the age that would've needed babysitters in our crowd as well. One woman behind us called her mother on her cell and held the phone up so the mother could hear the Everly Brothers singing!
I can't imagine when or even if I'll ever enjoy a concert as much as that one.......The only one that would come close is the Phil Collins "possible final-goodbye" tour. It's in Philly 9/22 but as far as I know tickets are sold out. I'm hoping they'll add another show. Everytime I see the commercial on tv for it I go a little nuts wishing I had tickets. We saw Phil 14 years ago, Serious Live tour, it was really, really good.