Project Runway JUNIOR - Anyone Watching??? | Golden Skate

Project Runway JUNIOR - Anyone Watching???

luenatic

On the Ice
To be honest, the recent PR just ruined the entire PR show for me. I need to step back and don't watch any PR for a long time.

loopy

Final Flight
No, after this last project runway I lost interest. I watched the food network chefs compete on cutthroat kitchen the last coupke weeks and decided I like watching the best compete, kid versions are usually much weaker. It's not exciting and most kids on TV are not very likeable.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To be honest, the recent PR just ruined the entire PR show for me. I need to step back and don't watch any PR for a long time.

I am interested in why the last PR was ruined for you.

luenatic

On the Ice
To me, most of the designers in the last PR were not that talented. They were very different than the earlier seasons. The winning collection was a disaster. I cannot imagine any plus size ladies would want to wear any of the collection. The entire show was just NOT inspiring.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I actually, for the most part, liked last season. The whole manufactured Tim Gunn Has A Freakout :drama: was a big turn-off, but on the whole I thought it was a much more enjoyable season than the last say 5 or 8 of them. But you know de gustibus...

I'll watch PR and PR All Stars until they pry the remote out of my cold dead hands. I even watched the Tim Gunn series (now THAT was a major dud). But I draw the line at kids. I just don't find it entertaining. But of course YMMV.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But of course YMMV.

WA, update me on what YMMV means. Thanks.

WA said:
But I draw the line at kids. I just don't find it entertaining.

You know I thought the same thing until I watched last seasons. What gets to me is the talent and creativity. I create some things and it always amazes me when I look at fabric and think that something will be made with it and when it's finished I am just amazed. I love the process of creating.... no matter who does it.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Dee, I'm watching Project Runway Junior and I thought the first show was fabulous. Those teens are way more talented than the adult designers they usually choose, probably because the adults are chosen more for their "dramatic" than their design potential. Also, the judges on Junior are terrific -- they should replace the ones on the adult show with this group.

Can't recall his name but, of the top three, I really liked what the boy with glasses came up with -- that skirt that celebrated NYC by day in front and then by evening in the back. Very clever and very attractive.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dee, I'm watching Project Runway Junior and I thought the first show was fabulous. Those teens are way more talented than the adult designers they usually choose, probably because the adults are chosen more for their "dramatic" than their design potential. Also, the judges on Junior are terrific -- they should replace the ones on the adult show with this group.

I thought the same thing....I was amazed!!

Sydney Rose said:
Can't recall his name but, of the top three, I really liked what the boy with glasses came up with -- that skirt that celebrated NYC by day in front and then by evening in the back. Very clever and very attractive.

I think his name was Jaxson. I thought it was interesting when Zach (the young black kid) was all smiles, then came the critique and he became very sober faced. I'm glad they tell them the truth... in the long run, they will become better designers.

louisa05

Final Flight
I just can't do any form of reality television that involves kids. Sorry.

Adults, in general, can understand what they are signing up for. Kids, not so much.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the competition will end with Samatha, Zachary and Peytie. I just wished Jesse could have stayed in the competition.

heyang

Record Breaker
I've been watching this season and I think the kids are great. Not very much drama, but lots of talent for sure. I agree that Peytie and Samantha are front runners.
Assuming there's still interest, I'd be curious about where these kids are 5 years from now - will they have gone to design school or decided to do something else? I'm wondering if any of them will be mentored by any of the judges, etc. after the season is over.

Enjoy Kelly Osbourne and Christian Soriano as judges. They have a more youthful vision than Nina and Zach - they are good judges too, but they are looking at fashion from a more 'mature' vision IMHO.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For judges my favorites are Christian and Aya Kanai. I think both are pretty honest about their critique. I loved it when Aya told one of the designers, you're making nice clothes but we want "fashion." I think some of the designers forget that.

The prizes for the winner are:

The winner of "Project Runway: Junior" will receive a full scholarship to the prestigious FIDM in California, a complete home sewing and crafting studio provided by Brother, a feature in Seventeen Magazine and a $25,000 cash prize, to help launch their line.​

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So glad that Tim used his "save" on Zachary. I can't wait to see their collections. Maya is just 14 and her designs are spectacular. She is very mature for her age.

I loved it when Zachary was "out" and Christian said he would do anything to help him get started. I really like Christian and I'm glad that he is a judge.

I really enjoyed this 1st season for PR Juniors.

The creativity in this season was awesome.