Paris Shootings and Explosions | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Paris Shootings and Explosions

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I dont know mannn... as some one who survived multiple london attacks. The right attitude is one of stiff upper lip, stoicism determine to continue your life as usual otherwise the terrorist wins. However being sensible and being practical is also reasonable. International events can always be targeted. Weirdly there seems some asian theme going on. Chinese styled theaters, Cambodian restaurants, i wonder if is random.

Last edited:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
... they just report the 100 hostages has died...grenaded. this is devastating...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Turned out to be a blessing that TEB is not in Paris this year.

I mean in the sense that none of the visiting skaters, coaches, families, etc., would happen to be at the concert or other sites that were attacked, for example.

The tsunami in Japan disrupted both 2011 Worlds and 2011 WTT.

- 2011 Worlds were postponed for a number of weeks and the location was changed from Japan to Russia.

- 2011 WTT was cancelled. And WTT then was held in 2012 instead. [2012 was not supposed to have WTT (held every other year).]​

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Um...what is this supposed to mean? I hope you don't mean you saw some Middle Eastern looking people.

I said "terroristy," I didn't say Middle-Eastern looking people. If I meant ME people, then I don't need to wait until someone boarding the train, they are all over Paris. What's the psychology term for this behavior that you're doing? Projection? Shame!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
What's wrong with this world ? Stupid goverments allowing hundred thousands unidentified people let in Europe. That's what's wrong and now we are seeing effects sadly.

I don't wanna get too deep into politics, but unfortunately, the people responsible for these 7 simultaneous attacks are probably French and born and raised in France, like the ones who did the Charlie hebdo killings

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I dont know man... as some one who survived multiple london attacks. One of the bus blew up is onebi used everyday, and my friend even escaped one of the bombed tube. pushed out for being too crowded, he think he was saves by his guardian angel. The right attitude is one of stiff upper lip, stoicism determine to continue your life as usual otherwise the terrorist wins. However being sensible and being practical is also reasonable. International events can always be targeted. Weirdly there seems some asian theme going on. Chinese styled theatres, cambodian restauraunts, i wonder if is random.

I had a coworker who was actually injured in the Harrods Bombing she had pretty much the same attitude as you. Maybe it is a brit thing, but she said it got to a point most people she knew pretty much associated the bombings with traffic delays and an annoyance to be dealt with.

Life must go on... but that also means that police, and fire and rescue, and doctors, and people who keep the cities functioning need to sleep. I want to see the event continues, but possible in a manner that makes life easier for those type of people. In this case I worry their just may not be enough time to regroup and realize things can proceed as planned.... I suspect we will know when it is morning in France.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I said "terroristy," I didn't say Middle-Eastern looking people. If I meant ME people, then I don't need to wait until someone boarding the train, they are all over Paris. What's the psychology term for this behavior that you're doing? Projection? Shame!

Curious, what does a "terroristy" person look like?

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Extending heartfelt prayers to French citizens in this darkest hour & also praying for the safe return home of all athletes. ISISL's goal, by its own admission, is world domination; as tragic as their terrorism is, we citizens of the world will not be intimidated. I would imagine the ISU has contingency plans in case of catastrophic events. Perhaps closing the event to the public, the skaters perform for judges and selected media privately to record results then leave as quickly as possible ??

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Turned out to be a blessing that TEB is not in Paris this year.

I mean in the sense that none of the visiting skaters, coaches, families, etc., would happen to be at the concert or other sites that were attacked, for example.

The tsunami in Japan disrupted both 2011 Worlds and 2011 WTT.

- 2011 Worlds were postponed for a number of weeks and the location was changed from Japan to Russia.

- 2011 WTT was cancelled. And WTT then was held in 2012 instead. [2012 was not supposed to have WTT (held every other year).]​

In disturbing honesty, if TEB had been held in Paris, it might well have been one of the targeted events.