Sui and Han working to tackle quad throw | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sui and Han working to tackle quad throw

ginsengtea

Rinkside
I didn't know David Wilson was the choreographer for the other two pairs. Now that you have mentioned, I think W/W and Yu/Jin's programs are better this season. I really liked Morozov's work for Pang/Tong.
I also noticed that some very similar or even identical elements in Mao, Zijun and Han Yan's programs. If you see the opening pose in Mao's SP, and Zijun's LP this season, you will know what I mean.

If I were a skater, I would be a little offended if my choreographer gave me the same characteristic movement used a another skater, though I know that Lori has been super supportive of her skaters.

I'm not personally a fan of Morozov's choreography lately for the Russian pairs. Even if you look at the programs he did for P/T last season much of the choreo was recycled from their own past programs. For example, the beginning of their 'Moonflower' SP is identical to that of their 'Pearl Fishers' SP from a few season back, opening pose and everything, just set to different music.

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Even if you look at the programs he did for P/T last season much of the choreo was recycled from their own past programs. For example, the beginning of their 'Moonflower' SP is identical to that of their 'Pearl Fishers' SP from a few season back, opening pose and everything, just set to different music.

I noticed the same at S/S. But to me it is unsurprising that especially the SPs of the top pairs look really similar from year to year.It is hard to be innovative in very season and you try to focus on the free skate.