"Salem's Lot" Remake On TBS | Golden Skate

"Salem's Lot" Remake On TBS

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
"'Salem's Lot Remake on TNT"

This is my favorite Stephen King movie. I hope this remake is as good as the original TV movie was. As my friend Peggy says"That Glick boy is the scariest vampire ever"! Anyone else looking forward to this?

http://www.tnt.tv/

Last edited:
Unable to get a response to clicking on the link.

Is that the one with Bette Davis in the original? I get all thse tales confused.

And why sooooo mannny remakes of old movies. I don't mean sequels, I mean remakes. If the originals were good why update it or whatever. The excellent originals are in celluloid and being preserved forever. It's not like a play on B'way, where a remake is in order because if it isn't turned into a movie, it's gone.

Stepford Wives, Manchurian Candidate are totally unnecessary, imo.

Joe

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
This is my favorite Stephen King book. No, second favorite (The Stand is first...and they destroyed that when they made the mini series). Joe, Bette Davis wasn't in the original of this movie. The original was made in the late 70s or early 80s and was just.....bad. Not even cheesy bad, just bad. I'm hoping this one is much better.

Laura :)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I have such a crush on rob lowe that I will just have to watch this, even though vampires are just not my thing

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Joe the original was made in 1979 and starred David Soul, Bonnie Bedellia, Dr. Westfall from St. Elsewhere (sorry can't remember his real name, he committed suicide a few years ago) and James Mason. James Mason was excellent as the antique dealing front for Barlow the vampire. Barlow has more of the Nosferatu (sp.) look than Dracula in a tux. The vampires IMO were just plain evil instead of the charming, seductive portrayels that had been the norm prior to this movie.

Now "Return to Salem's Lot" was just the biggest waste of viewing time and worst sequel since "Grease 2"!

As for why the remakes? For the SciFi type movies I would guess that maybe they think they cn improve on the special effects?

I am not a scifi fan but do love scary movies. Besides "Salem's Lot", "The Exorcist' and "The Omen" IMO are the scariest. Gary Oldman made a great Vampire in "Bram Stoker's Dracula".

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow, this movie scared me to death the first time around, I can imagine with new technology what they can do to make it scarier this time..42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
OK, did anyone watch it? It is being shown again on TNT from 2 until 6pm today, both parts for those who would rather watch during daylight :D . I didn't think this one was as scary as the original one. Especially the characters of Barlow and Straker. I like Donald Sutherland but no matter what I see him in Ithink about "MASH" :love: , same with Elliott Gould. James Mason was soooo much better as Straker. Also, they changed what was one of the scariest scenes when the gravedigger opens up Danny Glick's coffin. In the original little vampire Danny sits straight up glowing eyes and all. In the remake the guy chops open the coffin and there is a skeleton type thing in it.....bummer. I am still a little confused as to the ending. Did Ben die? The vampire's eyes in this one are more true to Stephen King's book. Loved Andre Braugher as Matt and Rob Lowe as Ben.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the heads up, Piel. Hubby missed the second part so he will be thrilled to finally get to see it! 42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The cure for vampire bites is.......a tetanus shot, who knew? :confused:

Last edited: