2 Skaters, 1 Coach | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2 Skaters, 1 Coach

ice_magick

Rinkside
what about...

Bin Yao? He has 3 skaters in the World top 5 (Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong,Zhang/Zhang) plus Ding/Ren (I think).One coach having S/Z and P/T is equivalent to one coach having both Sasha and Sarah. More so, because in the Sasha/Sarah analogy, one coach would also have to have a Yelena Liashenko and a...let's see...skater of about Ann Patrice's ranking. And in pairs, too! I almost pity Yao Bin and whoever his coaching accomplices are.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
soogar said:
I thought Pasha was banished by Dubova after it was discovered that she had an affair with Sasha Zhulin. Maya was supposedly Dubova's favorite student and when Pasha interfered with Sasha, she had to go. Platov was quoted that Dubova wanted to pair him up with someone else but he left to skate with Pasha b/c he knew he could win with her.
That is certainly why Navka was banished. While I haven't heard this, it certainly stands to reason.

ice_magick said:
Bin Yao? He has 3 skaters in the World top 5 (Shen/Zhao, Pang/Tong,Zhang/Zhang) plus Ding/Ren (I think).One coach having S/Z and P/T is equivalent to one coach having both Sasha and Sarah. More so, because in the Sasha/Sarah analogy, one coach would also have to have a Yelena Liashenko and a...let's see...skater of about Ann Patrice's ranking. And in pairs, too! I almost pity Yao Bin and whoever his coaching accomplices are.
Not the same thing. This is China we are talking about. I guarantee you that if Pang & Tong became a threat to Shen & Zhao, they would be slowed down. This is how it was done in Soviet Union, and I think China learned the lesson well.