Will Skate America & the rest of GPs be televised at all????? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Will Skate America & the rest of GPs be televised at all?????

marymotormouth

Rinkside
What about Tai Babilonia? Or Tonia Kwiatkowski? I think both of these ladies are skating informed and have good communication skills and speech inflections.

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
The alternative is to have your friends from Europe tape the competitions and send them to you by DSL. This may be a small expense, but you will see more skating, I presume, then the usual suspects. :D
Eurosport doesn't telecast any of the GPS. Individual countries do broadcast them, like France and Lalique, etc... but the commentators are just as intrusive as US comentators and if you don't speak the language, then you just have someone yammering on jibberish while you're trying to watch the skating.
:laugh:

Only Eurosport shows extensive coverage of skating events. Local stations show only clips and highlights. France 3, for example, has a habit of only showing medalists, and more often than not they only show the gala and not the actual competition. :eek:

When a big event like worlds comes around, it's nice to see most of the skaters like Eurosport has been showing (you need cable though). Other than that, US TV has much, much, much more skating coverage than any European country. You'd have to go to Canada, or maybe Japan to find better coverage than the US.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
OT - to Joe

Sorry to post OT on this thread, but there was not other way to contact Joe... Maybe you still follow this thread?

Joe, your PM box is full, LOL.

Marjaana

Back to topic? or has it changed to ESPN? We really have to find out what their plans are!

BG - I really didn't thing coverage outside the US is that much better. It would be gret to have Japanese coverage with translation not lost :)

MMM - Why not Thai and Tonya. Maybe ESPN could let several skaters try out at each different GP event. If they did it would be nice if they accepted our input.

Dee - Totally agree with you on Brian B and Todd. Absoluted no sportsmanship showing at all. Suzie Wynn is ok but I'm not overwhelmed. She sounds to me like a wound up doll. Those twizzles! :sheesh: However for dance it's fine. I've heard a lot about Wilkes and would love to hear her sometim but she is Canadian. If ESPN is considering commentators in English as the mother tongue,, why not.

I was also thinking that with the possibility of the Dick and Peggy going that some young skaters (Parker, Johnny, Taylor) should include some Media Communications in their classes at school. They will at least be aware of the skills required which do not include medals and cuteness. (but cuteness does help.) Oh why wasn't I born looking like Brad or George? :laugh:

Joe