2015 NHK Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They won't be winning any Grand Prixs with it, but it's still fun to watch. :shrug:

Sure--as an exhibition program it would be fun to watch. But as a competitive free dance it barely fits the definition of one.

LOL. I got tired of being Switzerland, so I'm commenting. The beeyutch is back! :)

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Praying that Bobrova/Soloviev get themselves up to second!!

Anyone think Illynikh/Katsalapov will get back together? I mean if Russia has hope for placing, it's them.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Anyone think Illynikh/Katsalapov will get back together? I mean if Russia has hope for placing, it's them.

No way will that happen. Katsalapov's ego is too big to go back to being second fiddle to the divine Ms E. He's the "star" of his new partnership--which I would bet cold hard currency is why he broke up in the first place.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Sure--as an exhibition program it would be fun to watch. But as a competitive free dance it barely fits the definition of one.

LOL. I got tired of being Switzerland, so I'm commenting. The beeyutch is back! :)

:laugh: I learn more from B***** Weak Ankles, anyway

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
No way will that happen. Katsalapov's ego is too big to go back to being second fiddle to the divine Ms E. He's the "star" of his new partnership--which I would bet cold hard currency is why he broke up in the first place.

What exactly happened between them? I never could understand even after reading that ENTIRE thread

Krunchii

Record Breaker
It's a pairs program without jumps. Go back and watch it again and see how little they actually DANCE IN HOLD. It's a minuscule amount of time. The program is so open you could drive TWO trucks through it.

Honestly I think it's a really interesting idea but it's a shame it's just not executed right

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think you can probably give up this dream.

It's pretty clear that he just doesn't like her.

When he dumped her as a partner, it was HARD CORE. I can't imagine they'd wander back to each other's arms.

jg2000

On the Ice
What exactly happened between them? I never could understand even after reading that ENTIRE thread

Basically Nikita initiated the split for Reasons, which will mostly remain a secret, but it was probably that he and Elena couldn't work well together (not talking about skating here). Although it went down badly for a few things he said to the press.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker

If Russia got their way then in 2018 Olympics it will be head to head between Elena and Nikita, The former partners now rivals :drama:

Think of the Fluff pieces !!

And besides, It's Olympic ice dance, Russians will find a way to get one of those medals ;)

Last edited:

jg2000

On the Ice
If Russia got their way then in 2018 Olympics it will be head to head between Elena and Nikita, The former partners now rivals :drama:

Think of the Fluff pieces !!

DRAMAAAAAAAA

though I'd really like to see B/S be Russia 1 heading into 2018

caitie

Medalist
I think Ivan needs a better partner. Stepanova seems a lot weaker than him in every way, and she's also a bit too tall for him? IDK. Sorry! I was into them last season.