Kudos to Icenetwork tech support | Golden Skate

Kudos to Icenetwork tech support

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Even since Skate Canada I was intermittently geoblocked on Icenetwork even though I'm in the U.S. Virgin Islands. I had called once probably during Skate Canada but when I got on again, the problem seemed to be fixed. During TEB, it happened again but I logged in and out and was back on. While I could tune in to the ice dance at the Rostelecom, later in the day, I was geoblocked again. I called Icenetwork and went through two tech guys, who after having me log out, log in, restart, and they manually enter my IP numbers, said it was caused by my Internet provider. My IP location was showing up as Singapore when I was geoblocked, not the Virgin Islands. My Internet provider tech person tried to pin it on me, saying I had a virus, I was using Internet Explorer and so on. I had just downloaded FireFox, when Louis at Icenetwork called. After saying he'd see what he could do, he called back to say that while it really is a problem caused by my Internet provider, he was able to do a permanent override. I watched the long programs with no problem, and he just called back to make sure it worked okay.

While I can and often watch British Eurosport because I like the commentary, I'm paying for and want to have Icenetwork because sometimes the British Eurosport commentary is out of sync with what's happening on the screen. Very annoying. And of course, there are things like the fall event in Salt Lake City and U.S. Nationals to watch.

Since people were at one time quick to complain about Icenetwork's tech support, I wanted to say that things have changed. So if Icenetwork ever looks at this, I'm pleased that Icenetwork went above and beyond to solve my problem.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting this. I know we rag on Icenetwork a lot but that is not reason not to give credit where credit is do. Maybe there are people there that could do better if we give them the chance. I am glad to see they at least took an interest in your problem and fixed it - that is more than many would do.

Also just FYI.... Singapore was one of the countries that has been working on the ISU stream
http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/
so if you have issue again it might be worth checking out, even if only to troubleshoot.