Alina Ustimkina & Nikita Volodin | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alina Ustimkina & Nikita Volodin

The Finn

Record Breaker
They did pretty good and scored their best junior score but a 4th place was a disappointing outcome nonetheless, especially since bronze was so close. I thought they were underscored in SP but this is not the first time I have seen that happening to them. For some reason they don't get much GOE or PCS even when they skate pretty clean.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Despite Alina's URs and the mistake at the death spiral they did pretty good and I am happy that they got their 1st junior national medal. At the moment it is difficult to say if they will go to the Junior Worlds or not because Mishina/Mirzoev didn't skate here but they might be sent to the Junior Worlds anyway.

FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodgrxtUw-Q

The Finn

Record Breaker
They have been selected for Junior Worlds. I am very happy for them but I am also a bit sad that Mishina/Mirzoev will not be there.

The Finn

Record Breaker
That was one crappy score they got here but despite that they still have a medal chance because the chinese team doesn't have any triples or even 2A.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder if they will skate together next season because even though they made it to the JGPF and Junior Worlds their season haven't been very good. There is also the fact that Alina is rather tall and it would make sense for him to look for smaller partner. Especially since she isn't that great jumper either.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder if they will skate together next season because even though they made it to the JGPF and Junior Worlds their season haven't been very good. There is also the fact that Alina is rather tall and it would make sense for him to look for smaller partner. Especially since she isn't that great jumper either.

Well, splitting up did not work that well for Ivanova, Khakimov, Bobrov, Melnikova, Kuznetsov. They all do much worse with their new partners. On the other hand it worked pretty well for Kudriavtseva/Simenenko. We will see how well it will work for Mishina/Galliamov.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder why Alina & Nikita are not present at the test skate event. They haven't split up, so that is not the reason and based on recent pics they seemed to be fine (no injuries). Maybe one of them fall sick or something.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Still no JGP assignments for them. It kind of looks like some of the top teams are left without a JGP event. Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Zhuk/Britkov and Ustimkina/Volodin among others are yet to get any JGP assignments. I wonder what is up with that.

hanca

Record Breaker
Still no JGP assignments for them. It kind of looks like some of the top teams are left without a JGP event. Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Zhuk/Britkov and Ustimkina/Volodin among others are yet to get any JGP assignments. I wonder what is up with that.

Maybe the problem is with your guesswork about who is the top team? I mean, how do you know that Mishina/Galliamov are a top team if you have never seen them skate together? My guess is that they were not fully ready at the test skates. Same as Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, very likely, otherwise they wouldn't lose their spot that they already had allocated. Regarding Ustimkina/Volodin, Ustimkina had some health problems according to someone's Ask account, so that's why they were not at the test skates. And Zhuk/Britkov, he has been always very inconsistent, so it is possible that he was his usual himself at the test skates.

adelia

Record Breaker
On her askfm, Alina said all is well with them.
So perhaps they were just not ready to show their programs at the test skate.

hanca

Record Breaker
On her askfm, Alina said all is well with them.
So perhaps they were just not ready to show their programs at the test skate.

It was on Katia Borisova's askfm that someone asked why U/V are not at the test skates and Katia wrote that Alina has health problems. On Amina's askfm someone asked whether everything is alright with U/V because the poster heard that Alina finished her skating career. Amina responded that no, everything is alright. That does not mean that Alina didn't have health problems and as a results missed the test skates, it means that they are not splitting up and she didn't finish skating career. (Saying that, the health problems could have been just something very common, such as the flu. It doesn't necessarily be anything serious.)